Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leurven

Hid Kit Group Buy

I need two more people to pay before I can submit the first order - come on guys!! If I get the 5 people to pay I can get a discount for you too!! I will refund you the money.

I need two more people to pay before I can submit the first order - come on guys!! If I get the 5 people to pay I can get a discount for you too!! I will refund you the money.

How much?

I can probably cover your shipping charges for you in terms of the discount. That will be $10-15 off depending on where you live.

I know more people want some HIDs - come on guys. This is seriously a good price for HIDs

if you wait till the 22 ill be in.

I'll be waiting. There is no expiration date on this Group Buy.

I know more people want some HIDs - come on guys. This is seriously a good price for HIDs

I think a lot of people went Hella/Philips.

6 sets of those went in less than 48 hours.

I think a lot of people went Hella/Philips.

6 sets of those went in less than 48 hours.

Hmm... I think I prefer lifetime warranty. Though Philips are a good brand.

New kit available - 50 Watt Apexcone kits.

Apexcone 50 watt – more light output than 35 watt but are supposedly not street legal (check in your state)

$290 +shipping for less than 25 orders

Do you have any technical information between the Philips and the XTEC? Any comparison shots between the 2 outputs of the same K.

Also comparison shots of the 35w and 55w XTEC's of the same K.

Lastly can you post up what the OEM K outputs are for typical BMW-Benz etc.

Since the lower the K rating, the more white the light output will be. As the K rating goes down, light output goes UP.

In theory if the 55w version produces more light output you should be able to use the 55w 6000K or 7000K bulb and still get the amount of light output as the 35w 4300K.

Do you have any technical information between the Philips and the XTEC? Any comparison shots between the 2 outputs of the same K.

Also comparison shots of the 35w and 55w XTEC's of the same K.

Lastly can you post up what the OEM K outputs are for typical BMW-Benz etc.

Since the lower the K rating, the more white the light output will be. As the K rating goes down, light output goes UP.

In theory if the 55w version produces more light output you should be able to use the 55w 6000K or 7000K bulb and still get the amount of light output as the 35w 4300K.

Check the links at the beginning of this thread for differences in Philips and Xtec for pictures. I don't have pictures for 35w and 50w. The 50w will be brighter. Around 5000K produces the most light as it is the whitest light, more than 4300k. 50w will be brighter than 35w but I don't know if that will make up a the difference if you choose to get 6000k or 7000k. The temperature really determines how they will look. For my I like to get the most light. Anyone else got some input on this? At some point I plan on trying out different kits and setting up people to get photos for me - not soon though.

Hmm... I think I prefer lifetime warranty. Though Philips are a good brand.

LOL. So many comments. Midas brakes life time warranty, brembo monoblocks none. Guess midas are better. ;)