Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beachnut

Compression Fitting For Est Downpipe And Sas Check Valve

I'm getting ready to crank up the V70 tomorrow for the first time in six months since the accident. I have an EST downpipe and catback installed. Frank sent me what I thought would be a 90 degree fitting for the SAS check valve, but it's just a straight adapter. I read about a fitting in this thread , but I'm not sure if it's just a regular plumbing fitting or what.

For those that have done this, where can I get a fitting like this? Were you able to install the turbo heatshield with a fitting like this?

I think I'm gonna at least crank the car over anyway without the check valve installed and if I get a cel then oh well, I have a reader to reset it. I just gotta hear my baby run! :)

went to home depot to get mine

your car will start even if it isn't plugged in

CEL won't come on till after a few k miles

Is it really that much air or are you being sarcastic? :lol:

Should I go ahead and just hook up the air pump hose and vac line to the check valve? I have the valve seperated from the pipe ... I could just wire tie it to something in the engine bay for now until I get a fitting.

So, heatshield? Anyone getting it to fit right after plumbing the valve back in correctly and using one of these fittings? It looks to me like it won't.

Is it really that much air or are you being sarcastic? :lol:

Should I go ahead and just hook up the air pump hose and vac line to the check valve? I have the valve seperated from the pipe ... I could just wire tie it to something in the engine bay for now until I get a fitting.

So, heatshield? Anyone getting it to fit right after plumbing the valve back in correctly and using one of these fittings? It looks to me like it won't.

no, i'm serious man.. it's a ton of air! heatshields.. pfft..