Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BtownVolvo

Laps Around Texas Motor Speedway

I had an AWESOME weekend! I went with a local VS'er and a local mustang group to Texas Motor Speedway and made 3 laps around the track for 25 farking dollars IN THE VOLVO!!!!

While we were staged, 11 GT40's (2 of them Gulf editions) pulled up RIGHT NEXT TO US!

My friend and I when we arrived:

DSC01242.jpg

The GT40's show up:

DSC01254.jpg

PURE HOTNESS!!!:

DSC01264.jpg

My current wallpaper:

DSC01265.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

All 11 of them lined up: (if you look close, you can see my silver car to the left)

DSC01258.jpg

Sweet Lotus Esprit:

DSC01257.jpg

Think these could fit on the volvo?:

DSC01279.jpg

Required shot:

DSC01280.jpg

Oh yeah, and the track was farking awesome too! Topped out at 95, but Nick (94850tx) topped out at 110.

I did a full length video of the laps, but i doubt you want to hear me and my friend yelling "THIS IS THE SHIT!!!"

Those are GT's, not GT40's.

But that is poking awesome! That must've have been sweet taking your car to a legit track like that!

looks like a lot of fun.

why on earth did people bring SSR's to the track though? All the other cars are awesome and beautiful, then the SSR's show up with their ugly slowness and mess up the whole scene.

does your shirt say "I turbo my volvo"?

does your shirt say "I turbo my S70"?

That it does!

yeah the SSR's are pretty gay...but everything else wasn't too bad!

What's the difference between a GT40 and a GT?

Gt40's are the older models. I believe from the 60's. Ford just re-released as the Ford GT. They look very similar but there's a huge age gap.

oh yeah, and GT40's were only race cars. They weren't put into production. The GT's are a production sports/muscle car.

Would you share high-res versions? Those would indeed be amazing wallpapers. Great job w/the photography.

Would you share high-res versions? Those would indeed be amazing wallpapers. Great job w/the photography.

+12000000... email them to me so I can make sweet love to the GT's on my screen.

Damn, 'tis a shame I missed this. By the time I fought through traffic to get there, I'm not sure how much time I'd have had to race. Tell me when they do it next time and I'll head out that way.

It's a Lotus Esprit Rod!

And i'd be more than happy to get some high res's! Thanks for the compliments!

Which ones do you want?

oh yeah, and GT40's were only race cars. They weren't put into production. The GT's are a production sports/muscle car.

sorry to hijack the thread, but ford did make some civilian GT40s in the 60s. but it was like 50 or something like that.

sorry to hijack the thread, but ford did make some civilian GT40s in the 60s. but it was like 50 or something like that.

are we talking MKI MKII or MKIII GT40's??? :blink: