Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DennisG

Headlamp Washer Tubing Help

I recently added headlamp wipers to my 97 850GLT and am in need of help to sorting out the path of the tubing from the wipers to the washer tank. I have the gray or white,"T valve" and attached tubing. Also find that the passenger side front features what appears to be a "filter" that has two lines out the top and one from the bottom feeding somewhere into the fender below.Looks unused and appears that this is a "pre-wire"( poor choice of term :blink: )associated with the conversion.

The top tubes( of the filter) run about 8 inches and are then uncapped to a simple clip at the fender.I assume :blink: , I am at the correct area to connect but am uncertain of where things go now. Appears car is "set up" with these components but how?

Haynes manual on the way ,but am uncertain if it will cover this area. <_<

Any help? :(

I recently added headlamp wipers to my 97 850GLT and am in need of help to sorting out the path of the tubing from the wipers to the washer tank. I have the gray or white,"T valve" and attached tubing. Also find that the passenger side front features what appears to be a "filter" that has two lines out the top and one from the bottom feeding somewhere into the fender below.Looks unused and appears that this is a "pre-wire"( poor choice of term :blink: )associated with the conversion.

The top tubes( of the filter) run about 8 inches and are then uncapped to a simple clip at the fender.I assume :blink: , I am at the correct area to connect but am uncertain of where things go now. Appears car is "set up" with these components but how?

Haynes manual on the way ,but am uncertain if it will cover this area. <_<

Any help? :(

I think a pic would help so i have added some for you..but i have those two tubes on my passenger fender and I also have the wiper system on my headlamps. So i think those tubes are not the ones you connect to. The white "filter" is actually a purge valve to get rid of the air in the system i think.

You have to find the main one which runs to your hood washer nozzles (usually runs behind the CPU box inside the fender and comes out near the passenger hinge for the hood and up into the hood itself) and run a "t" (its blue on mine)from that (just in the area near the winshield filler cap) and then run them to the washers on your headlights.

.. good luck!

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8873/im000216sa2.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7830/im000215qw3.jpg

I think a pic would help so i have added some for you..but i have those two tubes on my passenger fender and I also have the wiper system on my headlamps. So i think those tubes are not the ones you connect to. The white "filter" is actually a purge valve to get rid of the air in the system i think.

You have to find the main one which runs to your hood washer nozzles (usually runs behind the CPU box inside the fender and comes out near the passenger hinge for the hood and up into the hood itself) and run a "t" (its blue on mine)from that (just in the area near the winshield filler cap) and then run them to the washers on your headlights.

.. good luck!

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8873/im000216sa2.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7830/im000215qw3.jpg

Thank you very much,CarVolvo. It took time and effort to make the photos for me and I appreciate it. I have isolated the line as you described and will attach them there.

Thanks again :rolleyes: Dennis

Thank you very much,CarVolvo. It took time and effort to make the photos for me and I appreciate it. I have isolated the line as you described and will attach them there.

Thanks again :rolleyes: Dennis

Glad it could help you..did it work????