Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greenchunks

35w V 50w Hid

So I'm thinking I'm going to get some 6000K HID's, but I'm trying to decide if the 50W is really necessary. Yes I've looked in the HID gallery, but those are mostly frontal shots and none show how far the light is projected. Do the 50W really make it that much better, or are they mainly more obnoxious to other people?

I am interested to know this also as I have not yet bought a pair of 50w to try out.

just because the OEM kits are 35w, I would say that 50w is probably overkill. 35w projects PLENTY of light....I mean, the bixenon kits on Audi/Merc/BMW are 35w.

50W modded ballasts are crazy bright. I modded two of my OEM ballasts to close to 70W... it's more light than you'll ever need.

So the 35W ones are fine? Good point Jeremy, I didnt even think about the fact that the 50W might burn out faster (dont the bulbs have a lifetime warranty though?)

bulbs are designed for 35w applications in most if not all cases. maybe serge knows what life expectancy is for these from xenon forums. I may do these for my fogs since they are so low, but I'm hesitant on the low beams (then I can do HID rear fog :ph34r: with my current set of H3).