Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volvogeek

New 242

Finally picked up a '79 242 DL today. Advertised as needing some work, but nothing major - and the benefits FAR outwieghed the risks. Freshly powder-coated Virgos, good tires, billsteins, jamex lowering springs, ss brake lines, iPd swaybars, blaupunkt audio, and TWO DOORS!

Fairly good paint, commandos and a flathood conversion, what more could I ask for? Here's some pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Not to bad, I think. All it needs right now is a fuel pump relay, head gasket and tags. Oh, and the R-Sport Cluster I fixed. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy. And then plans for a turbo engine shall commence. Mwahahahaha.

Man that looks really nice, i wish my hood were blue like that. Love the gauges too. So what are the plans for this beast? Turbo? Turbo mirrors?

And then plans for a turbo engine shall commence. Mwahahahaha.

Jesus christ Dan and Joe, can you guys read?

And Turbo mirrors FTL

I'm pretty sure DL means deluxe

It sure does, check my sig for verification.

Pat yes I can read WTF are you talking about? Turbo mirrors FTW!!

does this mean you'll be selling the 855R???

Ah, no. If anything I'll probably get ANOTHER 855/V70 (R if possible) so that this can be my project car.

Thanks for the kudos, plans are to basically +T this with a fresh 405 head I've got laying around, -Kjet +Megasquirt. I've got to ping the understudy and get some details on his fuel rail. :D Then maybe if I win the lottery I'll drop in a T6. Right. ;)