Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simon_C

S70 Dilemma

ok, so i have since been persuaded to forget about buying an 850 and doing a manual trans swap and instead buy an s70.

now heres my dilemma. my budget is short. real short. ideally, i want a T5. but it looks like im going to have to settle with a GLT. my question to you all is, should i just go ahead and get the GLT or should i save up more for the T5 and wait for someone around here to sell one? just for reference, my initial budget is somewhere around $3000 (+/- $500).

am i being overly hopeful here or is this reasonable?

in the end after mods and such have been done (chip, full 3" exhaust all the way back, custom headers, etc), will i be seeing much difference between the GLT and the T5 performance-wise?

thanks for the help guys. i appreciate it.

Save and buy the car you want. You might be saving for a while, but it will be worth it in the end.

S70 GLTs were not available with a manual either.

ha. salt in the wound.

get an 850 t5 and save for the swap.

Also, dont count on the GLT gaining a whole lot from modding, if your gonna mod, go T5

Borrow the money and buy what you want now...there are some decent ones on this board. The longer you wait the more miles on these cars now.

how come i keep coming across GLTs with 5 speeds then? theres a bunch around here. maybe ill just have to save for the T5. thats what i really want in the end.

how come i keep coming across GLTs with 5 speeds then? theres a bunch around here. maybe ill just have to save for the T5. thats what i really want in the end.

S70 GLT's never came in manual.

S70 GLT's never came in manual.

All converted?? :o

more like all 850's

no, im not that dumb. i can see the difference between an 850 and an s70. maybe im confusing listings.... was there a GT model? eh whatever.

im gonna get the t5 and not halfass it.

no, im not that dumb. i can see the difference between an 850 and an s70. maybe im confusing listings.... was there a GT model? eh whatever.

Only S70 non-turbo's came in 5 speed.

Only S70 non-turbo's came in 5 speed.

Not true...just over 300 S70 T5 manuals were imported into the U.S. Don't know how many were imported into Canada, but maybe a few more. Don't know of any LPT S70's that were originally manuals.

Not true...just over 300 S70 T5 manuals were imported into the U.S. Don't know how many were imported into Canada, but maybe a few more. Don't know of any LPT S70's that were originally manuals.

That was a given. Have never seen a LPT 5 spd.

Glad to hear it. You could get a GLT sooner, but it wouldn't be quite as much fun if you're really wanting to mod heavy.

Good luck buying,

Stephen