Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supernoob

Bulb Out Warning Lite In Dash Stays On...but All Bulbs Are Ok@! Heeeeelp

sorry I mean BULB OUT WARNING LIGHT!

1987 765ti

so this little thing wont go out........

the warning bulb that says you have a lite out.....I don't....but the bulb will not turn off....wanring bulb that is...

now, the lite bulb comes on when I turn on the parking lites...and it stays on....

what could be wrong?

take out all bulbs, and dielectric grease all contacts?

fix rear licencs plate lites?

drop back 10 yards and punt?

the console, ashtray front and back, and the glove box don't work...but I don't think it would be that....

any one else have this problem?

any ideas?

thanks

I would bet you need a Bulb integrity relay. Try to find one at the junk yard, they are quite expensive new.

I would bet you need a Bulb integrity relay. Try to find one at the junk yard, they are quite expensive new.

Check some of the parts houses for the bulb failure relay. You might find it cheaper somewhere rather than the dealer. Other than that, I just let it stay lit on my 92 960 wagon. Funny thing, sometimes when it poured rain, the failure light went out. But at $90 and above I was willing to just let it stay lit. Relax, it'll be fine. The other issue may be that you have bulbs of varying degrees of life left. The failure light circuit works off of relative amperages. Esssentially, if you have an old one and a real new one you will still get a failure signal. You may still have to replace the old bulb to "reset" the entire circuit. Ain't technology grand? Like I said you might just want to stare at the light for a while longer.

hey steve...thanks for the info....

yah. prolly look at the pretty little light for 90 bucks!@@@@@@ :pizza::pizza::pizza:

that 90 buys a lot of :pizza::pizza::pizza:

al

If you find one at the junkyard they are only about 4 bucks. It might take a few tries, but most places will let you exchange them if they don't work.

how about this!

when I was driving to work, lites off, every time I would hit the brake, the warning lite came on!....left off the brakes, warning lite went off.....

So, I am gonna change the rear brake lites with the exact SAME bulbs in both sides....

then, sometimes the lite just stayed on and did what it wanted.....gremlins!

so, gonna try the switch out.....if that does not work.....then I will go junking for a relay!

big al

If you should need a used bulb failure sensor, the same sensor is used on all '86+ 240/740/940s, while those found in the 760/960/S90 are different.

how about this!

when I was driving to work, lites off, every time I would hit the brake, the warning lite came on!....left off the brakes, warning lite went off.....

So, I am gonna change the rear brake lites with the exact SAME bulbs in both sides....

then, sometimes the lite just stayed on and did what it wanted.....gremlins!

so, gonna try the switch out.....if that does not work.....then I will go junking for a relay!

big al

heh mine did that too...

its so stupid but here's a decent fix for it:

1. remove panel to replace bulbs

2. remove taillight assy

3. clean circuit board inside of taillight with toothbrush and rubbing alkyhol, make sure you got the bulb sockets too.

4. look for any loose connections within the board, like torn foil, wonky grounds, loose screws...tighten or solder as necessary (i had none *whew*)

a good cleaning of these things will go a long way.