Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody850Turbo

T5r Ecu

Hey guys, i recently bought a 94 850 Turbo with 90k miles on it. To bad its the grandpa gold color :blink: . Well anyways, i recently saw an 850 t5r ecu for sale on ebay. If i installed a t5r ecu, will that increase my HP to the stock 240hp? Or are there other factors that come into play not including the ECU, Thanks, Cody.

Yes, assuming that the car is in good running condition and stage 0 is done. Some may tell you that it is just a better deal to get an aftermarket chip instead of going w/ the T-5R ECU.

Thanks for the quick reply, so a T5R ecu will raise the HP to 240? As much as i would love a aftermarket chip, i simply cant afford one for the next 4 years cause of college. only make 50 bucks a week :o . i think the t5r ecu was only like 100bucks so 20 extra HP for 100 bucks seems like a good deal. Thanks, Cody

ok thanks guys, i have one last question. What do the numbers ontop of the ECU stand for, for example, some say 15.3, 16.3, 7.3 and so on. Thanks, Cody

if i were you id just wait till i sell my t5-R chipped ECU in the next month. 250 shipped. just eat ramon noodles and scheme beer from friends for a week or two. im in college and when i get car parts i just go hungry... :lol:

Thanks for the quick reply, so a T5R ecu will raise the HP to 240? As much as i would love a aftermarket chip, i simply cant afford one for the next 4 years cause of college. only make 50 bucks a week :o . i think the t5r ecu was only like 100bucks so 20 extra HP for 100 bucks seems like a good deal. Thanks, Cody

?

ECU tuning will raise your car to ~ 280BHP.

don't waste your time just putting a stock R ecu in.

?

ECU tuning will raise your car to ~ 280BHP.

don't waste your time just putting a stock R ecu in.

It's true.. I agree with Kevin and Joseph, if you are looking to get more power out of stock:

-Stage 0 (maintnance items)

-Boost gauge

-MBC for cheap and turn the boost up a little

Thanks for all the replies guys, im going to wait until this summer so i will have money to get a tuned chip, right now i have a speeding ticket to pay. I was going 40 in a 25 school zone <_< .

Thanks for all the replies guys, im going to wait until this summer so i will have money to get a tuned chip, right now i have a speeding ticket to pay. I was going 40 in a 25 school zone <_< .

ouch, school zone will dominate you.

It's true.. I agree with Kevin and Joseph, if you are looking to get more power out of stock:

-Stage 0 (maintnance items)

-Boost gauge

-MBC for cheap and turn the boost up a little

I'm a noob around here, but I've been doing a bit of research on adding an MBC. It seems like there's a certain limitation within the stock ECU to where it will cut fuel/spark when the boost exceeds certain limits and the wastegate is held closed or mostly closed by an MBC.

What levels of boost can an MBC allow before this ECU interruption? How does this compare with the boost levels from, say, and IPD ECU?

I'm a noob around here, but I've been doing a bit of research on adding an MBC. It seems like there's a certain limitation within the stock ECU to where it will cut fuel/spark when the boost exceeds certain limits and the wastegate is held closed or mostly closed by an MBC.

What levels of boost can an MBC allow before this ECU interruption? How does this compare with the boost levels from, say, and IPD ECU?

There is a limitation built in to cut fuel/spark at ~15ish psi on the stock computer.

With an iPd ECU for instance, the "set" boost is 1bar (14.5psi), but it's not limited to that. People run boost up to 17-18psi without fueling problems.

Guest 300+_T5R_855

There is a limitation built in to cut fuel/spark at ~15ish psi on the stock computer.

With an iPd ECU for instance, the "set" boost is 1bar (14.5psi), but it's not limited to that. People run boost up to 17-18psi without fueling problems.

Under ideal conditions the "set" boost is15.9 PSI

Under ideal conditions the "set" boost is15.9 PSI

Ahh, my mistake, I always thought it was 1bar because that's about how the chip performed on my car :P