Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

volvomachine

It Finally Happened

coming home from visiting a friend i was caught in some traffic.

had to speed up to get by a truck and BAM! something popped. Thought it was the tire at first, but i soon realized my engine was beginning to bog down....blast you turbo hose and your need to blow off!!

officer pulled over and i told him what was wrong, he was nice about it and wanted to see the problem for himself. Popped the hood and showed him the blown hose (one leading to the turbo) and he nodded and such. I told him it wasnt worth towing and my Pops could bring me the right tools to fix the problem and be off on my way. He said ok and left...pretty uneventful...

here are some pix of the blown hose (camera phone picture)

blownhose2.jpg

blownhose.jpg

on a brighter note, the car goes into the shop tomorrow to repair this:

dent4.jpg

and the annoying cracking noise it makes when i open and close the door

I hate those moments, and ... carry the tools with you man, at least the basic stuff.

I hate those moments, and ... carry the tools with you man, at least the basic stuff.

well i have a roadside kit in my trunk...always have.

little did i know, the bloody thing didnt have a flathead screwdriver...wtf?!

Guest S7013g

That is weird man that the kit didn't have any screwdrivers at all.

I still have the Volvo kit in my car from the spare tire. That had just about everything you would need in it. I still just keep my toolbox in the back of the car anyways.

You can use a coin. Or even just push it back on. I can do 65mph down the highway and stay well in the vacuum ;)

just seems like you didn't tighten that down all the way....you don't keep a flathead or 7mm in your car at all times? what a shame dude!

.... if you have the same screwdriver i do, you can pull the metal shaft out of it and there's a flathead on the other end..

one end is philips the other is flathead.

.... if you have the same screwdriver i do, you can pull the metal shaft out of it and there's a flathead on the other end..

one end is philips the other is flathead.

I dont think it was the Volvo one that came with the car. I could be wrong but thats what it seems like since that screwdriver Volvo gives us is the shit!

its not the volvo kit, its a kit my dad had bought when i drove my subaru wagon and i didnt even think to check it for a flathead before last night because i figured it had to be in there...

and i know i could have just pushed it back on and drove it home, but this is the first time i have ever had to be pulled off to the side of the road for something so i wasnt exactly thinking clearly, i was more freaking out...