Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EnzoRWD

Fess Up, Turbo Volvos + Track Bikes

oo nice cranks...crappy pedals, i never liked those speed plays

ouch... what kind of 'track' are we talking about when you track bike?

ouch... what kind of 'track' are we talking about when you track bike?

Track bikes originally developed for racing on banked velodromes like the one pictured. You can be out there with a few dozen other racers at times so it can get hairy. No brakes, and the bikes are fixed gear which means that while the wheel is spinning, the pedals are too.

They have always been popular with couriers and messengers and that whole subculture, but lately they have grown in popularity with everyone from wannabe hipsters to anyone who just wants a simple bike to get around and have fun on.

I converted my mountain bike(hard tail) to a single speed ment for city and tricks. I have the santa cruz super 8 for the crazy DH riding.
whoa, that super 8 is ALL old school. granted the things bob like carsons moms head but they are built like a tank (also like carsons mom).

keep the ocho though, they'll last until you snap the swingarm into pieces.

damn that must have been a shitty fall im starting to train for a century race on my new trek 1200. i just got into biking one of the greatest things ever from my point of view.

Super 8... totally old school, majorly beefy. They are no V10 or Demo, but they pedal OK for what they are.

So there are some riders here eh, maybe I'll start a 'pic of your bike(s)' thread.

Super 8... totally old school, majorly beefy. They are no V10 or Demo, but they pedal OK for what they are.

So there are some riders here eh, maybe I'll start a 'pic of your bike(s)' thread.

do it

There are quite a few riders here.