We can't all be you though Mike.

That is true.

But, You can try..

On 7/19/2017 at 8:18 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't carry a pump anymore because I decided I'm no longer getting flats

Tubeless?

1 hour ago, ruecatinat said:

Tubeless?

Doesn't matter. At some point you still are going to get a puncture that has to be sealed and the tire needs to be refilled.

10 minutes ago, Burn-E said:

Doesn't matter. At some point you still are going to get a puncture that has to be sealed and the tire needs to be refilled.

Tubeliss are filled with liquid latex that will plug up small punctures. You're really only in trouble if you get like a cactus needle or if you peel the tire back from the inside of the rim on an aggressive turn or landing.

I'm just relying on my declaration of no more flats. 

Ive been tubeless for years.

• Upvote 2

IMG_1821.JPG

• Upvote 1

Moab trip was great! Only MTB one day unfortunately (14miles though!)... rented from 'Bike Feind' in downtown Moab, they were great! Rode a $4,000 27.5" GT dual suspension and loved it!

On 8/7/2017 at 1:56 PM, gmsgltr said:

Moab trip was great! Only MTB one day unfortunately (14miles though!)... rented from 'Bike Feind' in downtown Moab, they were great! Rode a $4,000 27.5" GT dual suspension and loved it!

What else did you do in Moab if you weren't on a MTB?  I mean hiking and exploring are great and all but you were in the kingdom of the mountain bike. :tongue:

arches national park hikes, canyonlands national park hikes, dead horse state park hikes, ran 5-9 miles everyday too in addition to hiking or biking everyday :)

That works.

Led a bike clinic with a group of 12-14 year old girls (friends of my daughters) at our church prior to a bike ride they had planned. One of the group' leaders brought this Schwinn Continental. I haven't seen one of these in decades as my best friend's older brother got one for Christmas in 1978. I went to pick it up and all the nostalgia disappeared. Who rides a 40 lb bike today?

IMG_2126.JPG

Steel is real though 

I can see lots of places to get that weight down on that thing.