Bike Pics!

scoober

I pulled my GT out of storage to find this. Any idea what could cause it? I'm thinking an impact

KFvDc1Nh.jpg

Anyways now I have to decide if I just relegate this to the trainer, and look for another (better) MTB or upgrade the drive train and wheel set on this guy. It's an extreme entry level bike so I might scour CL and see what I can find.

Edited by Black Betty

I had the same problem. I've lost some to impacts, but I had one in that same spot. The teeth were all really shark finned, the chain was shot. I wasn't paying attention. I think the slack in the chain and shortened teeth might have caused it.

Thanks Travis.

It's amazing how much a different wheelsize and geometry changes to whole feel of a bike, can't wait to go the the Ardennes in Belgium or the Nürburgring... B)

Could someone please +1 instead of -1 Travis' post...ugh..tough mondays.. :wacko::lol:

I will definitely be back at the Rouge Roubaix next year, but I'll be racing. The Gran Fondo is a killer option for anyone who just wants to ride the whole course, and it's still no sissy ride that way. From previous gravel rides and subsequent other rides, I know I prefer a fatter 700x28 to a 23, at least on my Secteur.

Where do you guys prefer to look for used MTB? Pinkbike has some good stuff, but mostly DH-oriented stuff, and a lot seems used-and-abused by a budget-minded crowd.-

Been looking myself... The market is pretty weak even with a decent range of searching. I'm thinking once we're fully thawed there should be some better options. I don't think I'm doing a 6hr day in the car for used mid range MTB...And WTF is with all the thru-axel bullcrap

• Downvote 1

Don't neg rep ginger, this could easily get out of hand. :lol:

I think the through axle set up is related to disc brakes, it seems to make it easier. But I agree, I had to buy the adapters to use my current roof racks and it annoyed me. The bikes sit even higher and have more side to side movement.

Thru axles supposedly help with the flex. But they're a pain if they aren't set up with quick releases. The thru axles bikes I've ridden had very little flex but that could have been the fork too. Not sure how it'd help with disc though. The good weather will bring out a lot more options but that's the most inflated asking prices I've seen too.

But forget fork mount trays those are for the spandex crowd :P. way easier with a frame mount or wheel clamp.