Sign in to follow this  
scoober

Bike Pics!

my next whip.

IMG_4904__53722.1403049190.1280.1280.PNG

Bullshit, weighs too much for Weight Weenies.

My 2012 Cannondale Supersix 5 105. Despite being all 105 equipped, the brakes are Tektro. Worth changing to 105 or Ultegra brakes?

supersix5.jpg

Edited by Serge
  • Upvote 1

Never tried 105 brakes, but I have ultegra on one of my bikes and I like then a lot

I have some fancy schmancy ultra high end carbon fiber ones also and I'd say the ultegra have better stopping power and better adjustability

the ultegra brakes are a bit smoother but don't offer any more stopping power IMO

Makes sense. How big of a difference do pads make? I've read good things about Kool Stop Salmon pads.

are you having problems with your brakes? oh wait i just re-read you have Tektro brakes...i see your problem...

Going from the tektro's to 105/ultegra will make a nice difference

it all depends on the year.

Dura ace 2012 turns into Ultegra 2013 turns into 105 2014. follow?

so depending on the year, will tell you tech.

i'm in my office cleaning my CX bike and see i have the tekto's. Now they are Canty's but the shimano stuff blows these away.

no single pad as ever stood out to me. I ask for whats the best for my type of riding and set up.

i ask for whats the best for my type of riding and set up.

I'm surprised you're not running disc brakes yet...Hard to get that one by the wifey eh?

• Upvote 1

i think i'm done there.

No wheels are the only thing i'm scouting.

it all depends on the year.

Dura ace 2012 turns into Ultegra 2013 turns into 105 2014. follow?

so depending on the year, will tell you tech.

i'm in my office cleaning my CX bike and see i have the tekto's. Now they are Canty's but the shimano stuff blows these away.

no single pad as ever stood out to me. I ask for whats the best for my type of riding and set up.

Makes sense, I've read that it trickles down through the years. I'll have to keep an eye out on the year when looking at parts.

The Tektro brakes aren't bad, per se, but if I can get a noticeable improvement it's something I want to consider.

Makes sense, I've read that it trickles down through the years. I'll have to keep an eye out on the year when looking at parts.

The Tektro brakes aren't bad, per se, but if I can get a noticeable improvement it's something I want to consider.

Good pads and adjust the toe exactly in the sweet spot. They'll work just fine

the actuation and modulation is going to feel a lot better with higher end brakes...