Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turbor850

Got My Car Tuned

So after running on the crap upsolute chip for so many years, I finally got an opportunity where I was able to drop my car off at European Performance Labs EPL. Tony was able to 1. socket my ECU

2. figure out the timing and a/f maps 3. adjust them accordingly. So yes indeed folks, we have an actual, real person that can TUNE MOTRONIC ON THE DYNO. No more sending out ECU's and sending out a/f maps and getting re-tune after re-tune after re-tune, he can actually change parameters on the ECU and tune ME4.3/4.4/7.

Overall it took about three days. I dropped the car off on Sunday night, and picked it up on Wednesday afternoon. He fixed my a/f ratio, made a couple adjustments to timing, and it overall netted a WHP of 340 @ 23 psi and 380 WTQ @ 23 psi. For some reason my boost controller won't go above that on they dyno for some reason (but on the street it will go above 25 psi easy). So he then took it on the road to see how it drove, made a couple more adjustments and overall my car is now faster then it was before :D . He said if needed I can go up to 25 psi for a couple runs if so I desire :ph34r: My "green" S60R injectors are maxed out pretty much, my overall a/f is 12.4 across the board. I am still waiting for the other dyno sheets ! ! ! :unsure:

This is a dyno graph a couple hours into tuning, green being the upsolute and red being the EPL tune.

IPB Image

He also fixed that dip around 4000 rpm so it doesn't go into the 9's under first kick down. Overall I am a very very very happy person. He knows what he is doing and I am very very impressed.

Cost was $900. He said each car will be different though, so for example, 500 cc's with big turbos (20G, 3071) can go for around $900-$1200 depending how long is tuned. 15G/16T/18T are probably cheaper. WE NOW HAVE A TUNER PEOPLE ! ! ! !

Now find out what program he's using to edit the Motronic software! :)

Looks good though Chris.

Yes, finally the answer to your dreams. I am glad to see you finally got someone hoooking up your tuning. You needed it. Wow 380 wheel torque, that must be crazy trying to get off the line. That level ten tracks nice as hell even when your roasting em though doesn't it? Good stuff man, now get some quarter mile times so I can drewl a little more. :D

thanks guys, Mark I'll look into it

yeah, not bad hp and torque for a load dyno, 1st gear is useless once boost hits, I don't have the tires to run the 1/4 though, but who knows. . . . .

thanks guys, Mark I'll look into it

yeah, not bad hp and torque for a load dyno, 1st gear is useless once boost hits, I don't have the tires to run the 1/4 though, but who knows. . . . .

Try it. You will likely spin tire half way down the track but then you have something to compare to when you get some appropriate tires.

Now find out what program he's using to edit the Motronic software! :)

Looks good though Chris.

+1

there's a guy at my work who is an EE, he has a porsche carrera and he was saying something about hacking motronic. mebbe i can let him loose on a 4.3 ecu >.<

so you think you'll go for more power later on?

The green lines have more area under the curve,but still that's good power.The upsolute is to lean tho.

Where is this place located?Do you know if they have partner shops?

+1

there's a guy at my work who is an EE, he has a porsche carrera and he was saying something about hacking motronic. mebbe i can let him loose on a 4.3 ecu >.<

so you think you'll go for more power later on?

i highly doubt it, unless the person who buys it from me goes for more power

The green lines have more area under the curve,but still that's good power.The upsolute is to lean tho.

Where is this place located?Do you know if they have partner shops?

yeah, he did a great job of keeping the power and getting more out of it in a safe a/f ratio

the place is located in Stratford, Connecticut Exit 30 off of 95

Man I've always admired your car! Sounds like a sick machine, good thing we have a tuner now that's just open new doors for many in the US :D

sounds awsome, i wish there was something in town like this for you ben