Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow95

Stupid Yes Or No Question. Shortening The Wg Acuator Arm Increases Boost?

Joe, you sure it's 3.1 and not 3.3? :P

I'm certain there isn't a gauge that is super accurate, but in reality, I really was looking for a range. Since it came up, what a perfect opportunity to ask. :tup:

If I have mine set around 7psi, I get crazy boost spikes up to 21psi in between shifts (auto). The ECU catches it, but it feels like I lose performance (maybe timing pull) while it gets the boost back under control. The 21psi part is what scares me. Any higher and I think I'll start having palpitations.

Meh...what I really need is to get this thing tuned.

Dave, are you running with a BCS still?

Stocker, my friend.

That's why, big buddy.

Unplug all the hoses from it. Cap the intake one.

Plug the wastegate and compressor lines into this http://www.3barracing.com/product_6.htm

Buh bye boost spikes.

Hm. <scratches head>

Even with Rica, I should override the BCS? I thought it would be best to have the ECU control it to avoid 16-17 psi in 1st gear...

by the way, no A/F gauge here...yet.

okay i have a nearly stock motor. should i be touching my wastegate at all. is it worth it for me?

Hm. <scratches head>

Even with Rica, I should override the BCS? I thought it would be best to have the ECU control it to avoid 16-17 psi in 1st gear...

Personally, I'd override it. You know 16-17 PSI in 1st makes for the smoke show.

Personally, I'd override it. You know 16-17 PSI in 1st makes for the smoke show.

LOL...

Smoke show = :tup: (sometimes)

Connecting rod that looks like a taco = :tdown: (always)

Boost that high in 1st doesn't do damage? (I'm nervous, obviously. And like parentheses.)

LOL...

Smoke show = :tup: (sometimes)

Connecting rod that looks like a taco = :tdown: (always)

Boost that high in 1st doesn't do damage? (I'm nervous, obviously. And like parentheses.)

Hasn't broken anything yet (knocks on wood)... :lunchbox:

Ive had my 14T on for 10k miles with the WG arm really Darn short, boostin 1.3BAR(19PSI), and haven't had a single problem other than using my right foot sooooo much more now.

The turbo's so loud now compared to the stock 12T at 7PSI. B)

okay i have a nearly stock motor. should i be touching my wastegate at all. is it worth it for me?

Are you using an MBC? If not, then no, dont touch it.

Gary

Hm. <scratches head>

It works great as described . Even better with 3" turbo intake . pm me to compare "apples tp apples' :blink:

It works great as described . Even better with 3" turbo intake . pm me to compare "apples tp apples' :blink:

Apples to apples? You've got an 18T, and an S60R exhaust manifold. Not I. Care to share a pic of your 3" intake?

So your car didn't sell on Craiglist, huh? Should've posted it on here, may have gotten a bite.

Apples to apples? You've got an 18T, and an S60R exhaust manifold. Not I. Care to share a pic of your 3" intake?

So your car didn't sell on Craiglist, huh? Should've posted it on here, may have gotten a bite.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

How'd you plumb the PCV into the intake?

Or... did you not.

open