Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boot-liner

Steam Out Of Air Vents

My 850 when it get's warmed up emits steam from the side vents,and the windows keep getting steamed up.is this normal.I bought the car in the summer,so i really have only just started to use the heater now that winter is coming on.

You need to post this on "FWD - 1998 and prior".

Steam out of your vents means a leak in your heater core. Not unusual for the make and year of your car. Bummer.

Guest 240on280

Steam out of your vents means a leak in your heater core. Not unusual for the make and year of your car. Bummer.

I had a similar problem with a 740, this turned out to be a blocked drain hose from the condenser. The condensed water had nowhere to go hence the steam.

You could also have a bad heater core. Does it smell sweet like anti-freeze? My friends 240 had this problem, the vapors are harmful to breath, and it is a real oh yeah! to replace.

Heater core!.....TFT could move this however he is waiting for the software download to correct his problem :lol:

ooooppps butter ;)

But i'me not losing any water,the expansion tank is at the same level?

You may not notice much loss but the heater core is leaking and will continue to leak and leak more so just buckle up and replace it. It is not impossible to do at home, just tedious.