Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stormtrooper1

Remote Start In A 99 V70xc

I want to put a remote start in my 99 V70 xc. The place i was going to have install it said i need another key and a relay to make the start work, which would add about $150 to the install, I called a volvo Dealer, they said they'd have to order the spare key from Volvo at a Cost of $55 and it would ne programing to work with my car at a cost of $100.

So Basicily $300 extra to get the remote start to work.

Has anyone done one of these before?

Thoughts?

Thanks-

Mike

(and i'm not sure if this is the correct section for this question, feel free to move it if it's not)

You'll need the key so it can grab the info from the chip inside the key. Otherwise it wont start because it's an immobilizer feature. So i bet you wouldn't even need it cut just programed to your car.

If you already have an alarm system (viper, other aftermarket...) it should be relatively easy to install if you have a DMM.

Yup, he's right. I'm researching this right now for my new car. if you have a 'valet' key, that will work just fine. If you're getting a VIPER system (I highly recommend them... DEI rocks) their module is pretty slick, from what I've heard. Well worth the money. Their products are rock solid.

Yup, he's right. I'm researching this right now for my new car. if you have a 'valet' key, that will work just fine. If you're getting a VIPER system (I highly recommend them... DEI rocks) their module is pretty slick, from what I've heard. Well worth the money. Their products are rock solid.

I <3 mine :wub:

I have the module for the remote start i just have to find the time to install it :P