Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenhoeve

My Favorite Screen Shot

Ah nice. Denon stuff is good. Surprised they didn't do a nice UI.

Yeah that UI is pretty ghetto. But as long as it works.

How is the user interface ghetto? I have just as much functionality via remote as with the actual iPod itself. The only interface with more flexibility is iTunes so I don't get what you are saying?

How is the user interface ghetto? I have just as much functionality via remote as with the actual iPod itself. The only interface with more flexibility is iTunes so I don't get what you are saying?

he's saying your system is frikin horrible, and that he wishes he could have one.

he's saying your system is frikin horrible, and that he wishes he could have one.

:lol::lol:

You mean this? here is some more ghetto for the critic. I don't have my cabinet built yet but wanted to half way do a setup and get the receiver dialed in. I'm running all A/V via hdmi.

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

I was just saying I'd expect it to look better.

Like with design elements and such, not just black and white and unstylized.

I am in no way dissing the actual quality of anything you have, just that I'd expect it to look better. You might notice I was just agreeing with Serge.

I agree, its weird that they didn't build a warmer UI. Granted it has good workability and such.

And the 2x4s between the units is pretty ghetto! :tup:

I was just saying I'd expect it to look better.

Like with design elements and such, not just black and white and unstylized.

I am in no way dissing the actual quality of anything you have, just that I'd expect it to look better. You might notice I was just agreeing with Serge.

Oh, I agree too, just a little healthy banter, no offense.

I would say the limitation in regard to the UI is really that the fact that it is created by a receiver. If you want a warm UI you need decent graphics capability, ie, the receiver would basically need to be a computer. Spongin what I'm spillin'? And those are premium doug fir 2x's, suck it! :lol:

Oh, I agree too, just a little healthy banter, no offense.

I would say the limitation in regard to the UI is really that the fact that it is created by a receiver. If you want a warm UI you need decent graphics capability, ie, the receiver would basically need to be a computer. Spongin what I'm spillin'? And those are premium doug fir 2x's, suck it! :lol:

good point there. They prolly have to have some hardware in there still just to have the output at all.

Pioneer Elite for the TV, Denon for the Receiver

Pioneer Elite for the TV, Denon for the Receiver

I would take exception to that. The Samsung 1080p right now has better contrast and ability to display blacks than any elite LCD. It is clearly visible when you view them side by side.

I would take exception to that. The Samsung 1080p right now has better contrast and ability to display blacks than any elite LCD. It is clearly visible when you view them side by side.
just a random question, but is there a lot of performance difference between a plasma screen and an lcd? im gonna move out soon and im saving up for a new tv. price doens't matter, i'll spend up to 2.5k on a tv. im serious about my games.