Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carbon_R

Gb Feeler(flywheel)

What up G?

I'm gonna have to fly down to TX to check the wagon out with Denny ;)

I'll let you guys know. I'll try to get the price and check on the deposit.

Also if some of you decide to buy a combo clutch/flywheel, he may give us a better pricing, I'll ask.

Raf

Denny? with the yellow T5-R? I'm also interested in this; might as well start collecting parts, Texas Crew is going to make another meet around the time that Aaron fires that thing up and takes it to the track, come down and hit us up by then.

Mogatu

Denny? with the yellow T5-R?

Mogatu

Yup, awesome, I'll try to make it down by then..

Raf

Isn't 10-12 pounds kinda light for a turbo daily driven car :huh: I would think anything under 15 lbs would be too much :unsure:

034's response;

No, all the Audi and VW turbo flywheels that 034 sells are between 9 and 13lbs or so, this is certainly not too light and is a noticeable improvement over stock when it comes to engine rev speed in 1-3rd gears.

These cars have very heavy engine internals and drivetrains, so there is more than enough mass to go around.

Any more questions?

Raf

How's 034's reputation? I'd hate to have a lightweight flywheel split into pieces when my leg is in line with it's centrif path.

How's 034's reputation? I'd hate to have a lightweight flywheel split into pieces when my leg is in line with it's centrif path.

Hey man, so far 034 has responded to our volvo community needs with very positive outcome, if there's a demand Javad is willing to make it happen for us(flywheel). 034 doesn't have CNC machines at their shop, they do small things in house like tubular manifolds, custom piping, engine assembly, build cages, stand alone ECU and the list goes on. The beauty of this is that 034 has great relations with manufacturers of high performance goods all over the US.

034 has been around for quite sometime as a VW/Audi tuner, they are venturing out from the norm into(Volvo).

They've worked on several BMW models, all VW's/Audi's, RX-7, Eclipses, my Volvo and list goes on. They a have superb customer service and they have answered my emails even on "holidays", how's that for support!!!.

You can use them as a one stop shop from something as simple as a hose to a fully build race motor.

034 has a great reputation on the Audi/VW community, ask around.

As for the flywheel shattering on you I don't see how, you will never make that kind of power to do that. Their Audi is hammering the dyno at >700AWHP, he hammers this thing at every track event, it even did several passes on the salt flats last year and the flywheel has proven to be very reliable, I trust them.

034 did my P&P stand alone without any issues.

Any more questions??

Raf

they are venturing out from the norm into(Volvo)

Isn't anything performance with Volvo out of the norm? :)

Any more questions??

Just waiting on pricing. :)

Yikes, good luck with a flywheel that light, but dunno...nice to see this option out there. Could be interested though when I see final specs/price.

light flywheels are all good in a DD car, my friend had an 11 lb UR flywheel in his A4, the only difference was a little chattering on engagement of the clutch

I'm in for a clutch & flywheel combo. I'd prefer a flywheel that is slightly heavier than 9-12 lbs for reliability and daily driveability. I'm not going to be punishing the thing with stock internals, but I'd like very much to only have to rip the powertrain apart ONCE to do the flywheel, clutch, and LSD installs simultaneously, and not have to take it BACK apart for resurfacing and/or clutch swapping just a few thousand miles later. What does the stock flywheel weigh?

-Jon

I'm in for a clutch & flywheel combo. I'd prefer a flywheel that is slightly heavier than 9-12 lbs for reliability and daily driveability. I'm not going to be punishing the thing with stock internals, but I'd like very much to only have to rip the powertrain apart ONCE to do the flywheel, clutch, and LSD installs simultaneously, and not have to take it BACK apart for resurfacing and/or clutch swapping just a few thousand miles later. What does the stock flywheel weigh?

-Jon

Stock flywheel is 21-22 pounds.

Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the info, Raf.

I guess it depends on pricing and availability. Oh, will this flywheel be available to us at a later date? Considering my tranny and goods go into the car an expected April/May/June, I can afford to buy the flywheel a few years later when my clutch needs replacing.

Well, I'm getting a combo myself. I'm pretty sure another GB could be done if enough interest is generated. As of right now 10 will be made and one is already taken :P

Raf

Well, I'm getting a combo myself. I'm pretty sure another GB could be done if enough interest is generated. As of right now 10 will be made and two are already taken :P

Raf

Fixed that for ya.

-Jon

I will buy one when they are available.