Sign in to follow this  
Mesoam

Non Car Photography Thread

Union Square Christmas tree.

5227774141_bcfc3033d9_z.jpg

I like it Serge wink.gif.

Can you link Flickr images on other forums? I am a noob biggrin.gif

If anyone wants me to tickle Mrs W belly button from the inside send me a email laugh.gif

A few from a lighting class I just finished. I was a bit too busy to get a good PWL or open flash during this time ;)

5240213387_b917120169_b.jpg

5240809764_d0b30de114_b.jpg

5240213169_b4b483bc36_b.jpg

5077434044_4c1fa8d083_z.jpg

5139106026_3d62405aeb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great shots! I love studio shots with lighting like that. What did you use for the reflective base? I'm guessing either plexiglass or glass.

Shot this last night.

5281419566_e43130d5ce_z.jpg

Edited by Serge
  • Upvote 2

Great shots! I love studio shots with lighting like that. What did you use for the reflective base? I'm guessing either plexiglass or glass.

Shot this last night.

Plexi and thanks Serge!! Home Depot sells small rectangles of it for only a couple of bucks.

What focal length was the eclipse? I was wishing I had a rear converter the other night <_<

Plexi and thanks Serge!! Home Depot sells small rectangles of it for only a couple of bucks.

What focal length was the eclipse? I was wishing I had a rear converter the other night <_<

Awesome, I have some plexi laying around. What about the background? I need to bust out my umbrellas and flashes to play around with shots like this.

Shot at 200mm (with a 70-200 f/2.8L). I'm looking for a Canon 2X II TC to bring that lens to 140-400 when I need it. Sadly it makes the f/2.8 into a f/5.6, but for 400mm, I think it's worth it.

Awesome, I have some plexi laying around. What about the background? I need to bust out my umbrellas and flashes to play around with shots like this.

Shot at 200mm (with a 70-200 f/2.8L). I'm looking for a Canon 2X II TC to bring that lens to 140-400 when I need it. Sadly it makes the f/2.8 into a f/5.6, but for 400mm, I think it's worth it.

For the black backgrounds I either used black poster board or a black blanket. In the "all white" backgrounds I shot directly into a soft box (university equipment). I am still just beginning to learn how to use software (PS and such) so the whites came out much nicer on print, or else my laptop screen just blows.

I was thinking the same thing about a rear converter, just a cheap way to get a focal length I hardly ever use.

A few from a lighting class I just finished. I was a bit too busy to get a good PWL or open flash during this time ;)

good memories, lightning class.. I soo miss that :(

That portrait looks good.. so far the best from you.

And I'm a sucker for silhouettes soo... :lol:

dig the b/w, where are the building shots taken?

The first building shot is the alamo..., the second is on the river walk in San Antonio.