Sign in to follow this  
Mesoam

Non Car Photography Thread

The new portra stocks from Kodak are effing amazing. They'll blow your mind. You can overexpose the shit out of P800 by 5-6 stops and looks amazing. You should really be over exposing all of the portra stocks, it increases saturation in the colors and looks fantastic. P160 and P400 can over exposed by 1-3 stops.

• Upvote 2

Snapped this back in November and I just came across it again today. This was taken at UCSB in Isla Vista, CA.

IslaVistaCA_zpsd1dd2156.png

• Upvote 1

The new portra stocks from Kodak are effing amazing. They'll blow your mind. You can overexpose the shit out of P800 by 5-6 stops and looks amazing. You should really be over exposing all of the portra stocks, it increases saturation in the colors and looks fantastic. P160 and P400 can over exposed by 1-3 stops.

A mix of P160, P400, P800, 400H, and E100. All shot on the RZ with both 6x6 and 6x7 backs. Lenses were 50 f4.5 and 110 f2.8.

(snip)

Awesome, (even if my reply is a few months later) thanks for the advice Greg. Now that I'm finishing up with school I'll actually have time to start shooting film.

Here are a couple D3100 pictures from around campus:

DSC_1151_crop_zps995a8921.jpg

DSC_1133_HDR_zps8f18c8fc.jpg

DSC_1150_zps517f84fb.jpg

Thinking about asking for a new lens as a graduation gift. Did some searching, this seems pretty well liked: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/606792-USA/Nikon_2183_AF_S_Nikkor_35mm_f_1_8G.html# Thoughts?

fixed lenses are annoying

Almost all I use. I adore them.

You might be slightly ahead of the average amateur photographer...

What better way to learn photography then to have 1 lens with 1 focal length, limiting your options and making you think more about your composition. need to get wider, take a step back. Need to zoom in, take a step forward. It's very simple. Plus, they're tack sharp and cheap.

• Upvote 3

Almost all I use. I adore them.

I have been using them more lately and i am loving them. the thing i like most is they are not made for a Dslr so i am forced to learn the camera and how it works there is no auto focus or anything

On my D5100 i have picked up some Old Glass from the thrift shop 4 of them plus the adapter to fit them has cost me 80.00

DSC_0042_zps34614784.jpg

DSC_0048_zps9dc44aad.jpg

DSC_0054_zps520a4546.jpg

DSC_0052_zps0300ac35.jpg

DSC_0053_zps001c8617.jpg

my 2 favs are the Minolta 50mm 1.4 and the sigma 24mm super wide 2.8

Here is a few i have taken over the past few days with them

DSC_0007_zpsaa7c3906.jpg

DSC_0337_zps382c7a83.jpg

DSC_0335_zps2e524856.jpg

DSC_0150_zps5a5e61db.jpg

DSC_0156_zpsea06caad.jpg

Thinking about asking for a new lens as a graduation gift. Did some searching, this seems pretty well liked: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/606792-USA/Nikon_2183_AF_S_Nikkor_35mm_f_1_8G.html# Thoughts?

Get the Nikkor AF D f/1.4 and you'll never need another prime. (At least for what most folks use a 35/50mm) For day to day it's what I do most of my shooting with. Unfortunately it doesn't support auto zoom on the D3100 series. In which case you should go with the newer AF-S 1.4G. Either way, don't buy a DX lens if you plan on moving to 35 mm / FX in the future.

Get the Nikkor AF D f/1.4 and you'll never need another prime. (At least for what most folks use a 35/50mm) For day to day it's what I do most of my shooting with. Unfortunately it doesn't support auto zoom on the D3100 series. In which case you should go with the newer AF-S 1.4G. Either way, don't buy a DX lens if you plan on moving to 35 mm / FX in the future.

I think you mean the 35 F2 AFD as there is no such thing as a F1.4 AFD. The F2 35mm is a meh lens. The 35 1.8 is a better buy.

:huh:

I meant what I said, sorry if I didn't clarify that I was talking about a 50 mm lens. I wouldn't bother with a 35 mm but I know why people with DXs buy that lens.

http://www.adorama.com/NK5014AFDU.html

Mixed up the letters F/1.4D AF