Sign in to follow this  
Mesoam

Non Car Photography Thread

:huh:

I meant what I said, sorry if I didn't clarify that I was talking about a 50 mm lens. I wouldn't bother with a 35 mm but I know why people with DXs buy that lens.

http://www.adorama.com/NK5014AFDU.html

Mixed up the letters F/1.4D AF

You didn't specify 50mm. He was talking about the 35, you suggested the afd version, which would lead one to think you're talking about a 35mm 1.4 AFD, which has never been produced. Just saying "get the nikkor afd 1.4" could be referring to more than just the 50mm.

As for the 50 1.4 afd, it's a great lens, but it's a little slow in focusing and as they wear from usage, can get clunky and noisy (I own one and use the shit out of it).

All true. I intended to put a link on my original post and got distracted.

The bokeh is splendid.

What better way to learn photography then to have 1 lens with 1 focal length, limiting your options and making you think more about your composition. need to get wider, take a step back. Need to zoom in, take a step forward. It's very simple. Plus, they're tack sharp and cheap.

I recently picked up a Nikkor AF-S DX 35mm F1.8 lens and only really started using it at Carlisle. Your point is something I faced over the weekend. I'd see a nice car, "Oh sweet, I'll take a picture!", go to take it and the middle of the car would be taking up the whole view. lol

Starting to get used to it though, and I'm really enjoying it! :)

I'm going to do some diving in a month, Greg do you have any amateur photographer waterproof camera (to say 45 feet) recommendations?

did you do any post on those?

No, they are all unprocessed. The Ricoh WG-4 came with software, but I brought my work computer. I am sure they could be cleaned up quite a bit. This was the best day in terms of the murky water here in Bermuda, anything shallow you need the water completely still for clear pictures in the 10-20 ft depth range.

Got my New Nikon

DSC_0060_zpsf5b4b789.jpg

PJF_0494_zps042defd9.jpg

DSC_0176_1_zps49a792f0.jpg

DSC_0202_zps742cdc9b.jpg

DSC_0270_zps1b33463b.jpg

DSC_0281_zps8b26c03d.jpg

DSC_0302_zps0b706670.jpg

DSC_0303_zpsebf60ad7.jpg

QUOTE(Owned @ Jul 20 2007, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, some cool pictures so far!

Hey Travis, where's the ones I took? laugh.gif

D50 Jena (replaced by the D40 but the D50 is closer to the D40X)

We have a new fridge pic, thanks Adam biggrin.gif

allofus.jpg

which saw the guy in the yellow? :)

Had three juvenile yellow crested night herons trying to hunt my shark thermometer in my pool today. Got a good long distance pic of one before they flew off.

IMG_5286_zpsfe849945.jpg

• Upvote 3

This was taken a few years ago, but I recently touched it up. I've had a few decent photos from the past, and am finally practising touching them up, along with anything new, in Photoshop. I may give Lightroom a try sometime.

DSC_0100+edit.jpg

And in case any of you are wondering, no sea snails were harmed during this shoot :P . We put the little guy back down after the picture.