Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

I won't use a self-check out unless they have a person staffed at a podium for when I or the machine mess up. The systems most places have are prone to errors, are slower than a 486, and hard to use when you've got an entire cart of food and only 3 bagging areas to keep your bagged food as you empty the cart.

I won't use a self-check out unless they have a person staffed at a podium for when I or the machine mess up. The systems most places have are prone to errors, are slower than a 486, and hard to use when you've got an entire cart of food and only 3 bagging areas to keep your bagged food as you empty the cart.

See this is when having been a cashier before helps I know all the codes for anything. Also most stores are usually staffed. If you want something done right do it yourself comes to mind :lol:

I get flustered when I have people waiting behind me and the stupid scanners act up. I never know when it is ok to remove the bags and place them on my cart and inevitably I end up with a no room left in my plastic bags and the machine sternly telling me to place the shopping bags back in the bagging area.

I just got my Subway meal for free...

Guy asked me the price and he said if I remember the price then he would give it to me for free.... $6.16 I said... so he said have a great day :)

It pays to predictable sometimes

• Downvote 4

I just got my Subway meal for free...

Guy asked me the price and he said if I remember the price then he would give it to me for free.... $6.16 I said... so he said have a great day :)

It pays to predictable sometimes

Doesn't eating Subway so regularly get old really quick? I don't think I could eat a sandwich every day for lunch...

Doesn't eating Subway so regularly get old really quick? I don't think I could eat a sandwich every day for lunch...

Not really... I love sandwiches. Plus there are not many other "healthy" options here at my work.

Subway

Chinese Food

Pizza Place

Pizza Place

Grill (Burgers and Fries)

I dont have a microwave or fridge here either... so my options are limited.

• Downvote 1

Not really... I love sandwiches. Plus there are not many other "healthy" options here at my work.

Subway

Chinese Food

Pizza Place

Pizza Place

That blows. I'd at least need a microwave...

Made a new wallpaper. I was bored.

DsktopNew.jpg

Subway

Chinese Food

Pizza Place

Pizza Place

I would get sick of all those options in a week. Don't you have a lunch box and a cold pack?

I would get sick of all those options in a week. Don't you have a lunch box and a cold pack?

I might not sure. I would just pack a sandwich and chips and a drink if I did that... which is what Subway is... and even then it might cost me more. I get meat from the deli and cheese

• Downvote 1

1 loaf of Bread is like $1.79, 1 lb of meat is ~$5 from the deli, cheese is the thing you wait for to go on sale and can usually get 2 packs for $5.98 from Sargento, and there you have at least two weeks worth of meals, a bag of apples and Roundy's yogurt which is always like 10 for $5. $20 for two weeks worth of meals? That's what I do at work, I couldn't imagine buying food here everyday from the Union, and we do have a Subway down the street. I think if I didn't bring my own lunch I would waste too much meony, gain a lot of weight eating here, and then throw it all up two weeks later when I get really sick from all of it.

Besides, Subway gives me really rank burps.

Boar's head?! :lol:

"What you have for lunch today?"

"Not much, yogurt, milk, and a boar head sandwich".

1 loaf of Bread is like $1.79, 1 lb of meat is ~$5 from the deli, cheese is the thing you wait for to go on sale and can usually get 2 packs for $5.98 from Sargento, and there you have at least two weeks worth of meals, a bag of apples and Roundy's yogurt which is always like 10 for $5. $20 for two weeks worth of meals? That's what I do at work, I couldn't imagine buying food here everyday from the Union, and we do have a Subway down the street. I think if I didn't bring my own lunch I would waste too much meony, gain a lot of weight eating here, and then throw it all up two weeks later when I get really sick from all of it.

Besides, Subway gives me really rank burps.

Ok, lets go with real numbers...

1 Loaf of Bread - $4

1 lb of meat - $9.99

1 lb of cheese - $6.99

Case of Diet Soda - $6

1 big bag of chips - $6

So that is for 2 weeks which is about $33 or $3.30 a day... then you factor in my time to make it every night... then you start getting into the big bucks :D

I get home around 6:30 to 7:30pm then off to the gym till about 9 or 9:30.. then I have to make dinner and study maybe play a game or watch TV to unwind... lol not really worth it IMO to save less than $15 a week.

• Downvote 3

Ok, lets go with real numbers...

1 Loaf of Bread - $4

1 lb of meat - $9.99

1 lb of cheese - $6.99

Case of Diet Soda - $6

1 big bag of chips - $6

So that is for 2 weeks which is about $33 or $3.30 a day... then you factor in my time to make it every night... then you start getting into the big bucks :D

I get home around 6:30 to 7:30pm then off to the gym till about 9 or 9:30.. then I have to make dinner and study maybe play a game or watch TV to unwind... lol not really worth it IMO to save less than $15 a week.

Where are you getting your meat? I'm looking at Pick N' Save. This week they have:

turkey on sale for $4.99/lb.

Dannon yogurt 10/$4

Roundy's split top wheat $1

apples $.88/lb= $3.85 for 2 weeks

Cheese 1lb 6.99

Water- free

Equals 20.83 give or take. :lol: :lol:

But I hear you, we have a walk in cooler here so I can keep all my food at work and just make something whenever I'm hungry. If I had to make all my food at home before work, I would probably still be buying lunch at least three times a week.

I make a sandwitch in the AM before work, I was surprised how much money I started saving, exceptions are hangovers or hitting the snooze too many times