Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

Now I'm really going to deprive my children of McDonald's just to prove to all of you guys that I can do it. :lol:

"Daddy, we want McDonald's for dinner!"

"no"

"but why? Susy from school gets McDonald's for dinner on Tuesday nights"

"Because when I was in college, Volvospeed doubted my abilities of saying no to you guys, therefore, no McDonald's for you"

Right, I don't eat fast food, why should they? :lol: :lol:

All I'm worried about is other parents feeding him that crap. But I've got a couple years to really start worrying. I'll mention if they feed my kid any fast food, I'll sh*t on their kid! laugh.gif

My parents let my brother and I eat fast food when we were younger, they allowed us to make up our opinions on it.

We realized very quickly that momma's homemade meals were way better.

Last October was the first time I had been inside a McDonalds in 6 years, didn't miss it one bit.

All I'm worried about is other parents feeding him that crap. But I've got a couple years to really start worrying. I'll mention if they feed my kid any fast food, I'll sh*t on their kid! laugh.gif

Fair payback right there. Or have your kid shit out McDonald's onto their kids. Either way, make sure poop is involved.

There is nothing wrong with having fast food every ONCE in a while.. but not every week or every day.

My family and I always ate home cooked meals and maybe fast food or pizza one night on the weekend as a family thing.. but thats it.

There is nothing wrong with having fast food every ONCE in a while.. but not every week or every day.

My family and I always ate home cooked meals and maybe fast food or pizza one night on the weekend as a family thing.. but thats it.

If you have to. But it's like, why eat shit when you can have something healthy? For me, if I eat a restaurant, I almost always feel sick afterwards just because I rarely eat out. Even if you feel like you have to eat fast food because you're on the road or something, there's always alternatives. If I'm on the road and have to eat a meal, I'll get a bottle of Naked Juice or something.

No fast food, no soda, and no video games in my house growing up. Communism ftw :lol:

Eventually we were allowed those things if we bought it ourselves. As hyper as I was growing up the last thing I needed was more sugar and less activity :lol:

• Upvote 1

If you have to. But it's like, why eat shit when you can have something healthy? For me, if I eat a restaurant, I almost always feel sick afterwards just because I rarely eat out. Even if you feel like you have to eat fast food because you're on the road or something, there's always alternatives. If I'm on the road and have to eat a meal, I'll get a bottle of Naked Juice or something.

Yeah, but I guess my parents figured... 3 boys all very active... what is a little fast food going to do to them?

It is the kids that stay at home and dont go out and play that you have to watch out for.

It really is that easy... kids that are young only eat what their parents give them.. As they get older it gets tougher but you get the idea.

Yeah, but I guess my parents figured... 3 boys all very active... what is a little fast food going to do to them?

It is the kids that stay at home and dont go out and play that you have to watch out for.

It really is that easy... kids that are young only eat what their parents give them.. As they get older it gets tougher but you get the idea.

yeah, I can see that and get where you're coming from. Growing up, my parents were pretty lenient on what my brother and I could eat and couldn't eat, and there weren't a lot of rules. I remember at my Grandma's, my cousins wouldn't be allowed soda for dinner, but my parents didn't really care. And growing up, I was a chunky fucker, but in the last 6/7 years I have lost a ton of weight and people don't even recognize me anymore. I don't want something like that happening to my kids merely because of what they, granted it probably wasn't solely my diet that I gained weight, but that didn't help any.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ButtPirate.jpg

As a father of a 6 and a 4 year old the McD debate wages heavily around here. We try not to do it but sometimes there is no other choice due to our schedule and kids being kids. I just don't get why all of a sudden what we did as kids is no longer acceptable to society. I had so many people come and ask me why I let the kids go trick or treating the old fashion way... Why because it is fucking Halloween and that is what kids do. We are turning our kids into a bunch of whiny pussies here in the US.

• Upvote 1

As a father of a 6 and a 4 year old the McD debate wages heavily around here. We try not to do it but sometimes there is no other choice due to our schedule and kids being kids. I just don't get why all of a sudden what we did as kids is no longer acceptable to society. I had so many people come and ask me why I let the kids go trick or treating the old fashion way... Why because it is fucking Halloween and that is what kids do. We are turning our kids into a bunch of whiny pussies here in the US.

Glad not all parents have lost sense of reality. :tup:

We have old style swings in the yard (rope around a limb), my son rides a bike w/o a helmet, both kids get to play with a 120 lb dog daily and our yard isn't fenced in. :o And yet they survive. :rolleyes: And yes, sometimes our stupid schedules calls for fast food for everyone, it may be Chipotle, Chick-Fil-A, MikeyD or whatever but we all survive.

Gabe I understand where you're coming from but with the right activities, kids are fine with a little MD in their diet. One thing that I'm pretty firm about though is TV. It's on for maybe 1 hour a day, at best. They know not to ask anymore, unless it's raining outside.

All this talk is making me hungry for McD!

• Upvote 1