Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

Thinking about a stud conversion. Pretty sure I need conical seat lug nuts for my stock wheels--can anyone confirm what kind of lug nuts would I need?

Or just build your Volvo.....

Too many extra accessories to buy with the STi. You have to buy the flat billed ball caps and leave the sticker on, buy DC shoes and put fat laces on them with the tongues sticking out, buy pants 3 sizes too big and wear them right above your knees, and some white sunglasses. I'm sure I'm forgetting something....

These guys were my old neighbors, both drive STi's

406438_378819468814098_408569697_n.jpg

you missed the DC / Volcom sweatshirt with the hood over the hat :lol:

and some form of a soul patch / being lazy and not shaving

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Got our electricity bill today, I thought I would use more than 738 kWh for 45 days of service. But I like the low utility bill :)

Got sidetracked by a coworker showing something on Audizine. Got a headache after reading 10 posts in one thread and immediately came back here. I feel better.

fuck this makes me want an sti more and more.

:lol: Hate to break it to you but the biker in the vid is pure

16e6c988215f8b09_squidward-tentacles-fac

• Upvote 1

teaser:

too obscure? I'm not buying a land rover, btw... just trying to make it easy to find cheap parts.

You are making a parts-price aggregator.

I'm curious to know more technical details. Are you scraping from websites? If so, given that each website is unique, is this 'plug-in' based, where you have a plugin for each site?

it's actually really simple (so simple that i felt the need to keep it a 'secret project' for the few hours before i had something ready to show :lol:), and spawned from this:

Couldn't find squat for Land Rover sites... and then as I sat, staring at the Tasca page, I had a brilliant idea... why not search google for "TradeMotion Land Rover" (was also just curious about the MSRP)

bam: http://www.landrover...h&siteid=215719 $61.95

Of course, taking it one step further to grab the prices and display them in a sortable manner.

TradeMotion has actually done most of the work, i just have to parse their horribly designed sites for the info. I've actually discovered some new things this morning that make it easier... and am now considering changing it to a web-based app (or at least doing that separately).

From what I've seen, sites using trademotion are dealers... Daryl Waltrip & Tasca both use it, for example.

--

If you look at the screen shot above, you'll see that, had I created this sooner, i could have even saved more money on the part I quoted.

it's actually really simple (so simple that i felt the need to keep it a 'secret project' for the few hours before i had something ready to show :lol:), and spawned from this:

Of course, taking it one step further to grab the prices and display them in a sortable manner.

TradeMotion has actually done most of the work, i just have to parse their horribly designed sites for the info. I've actually discovered some new things this morning that make it easier... and am now considering changing it to a web-based app (or at least doing that separately).

From what I've seen, sites using trademotion are dealers... Daryl Waltrip & Tasca both use it, for example.

--

If you look at the screen shot above, you'll see that, had I created this sooner, i could have even saved more money on the part I quoted.

Yea myswedishparts.com (Volvo of Dallas) uses it as well

is this 'plug-in' based, where you have a plugin for each site?

thinking about this now... I think this would be good to add in... a plug-in versus just any-ol-site found on google (because who knows if a) they're still active, or b ) actually selling stuff on the site).

should also have it parse the google shopping results, some sites are picked up by that... Rock Auto and FCP Groton are for sure.

either way, TradeMotion-only is definitely a good start.

Yea myswedishparts.com (Volvo of Dallas) uses it as well

will be adding a favorites system too... which should also allow you to add sites not picked up in the normal fashion (e.g., with what I'm calling "Strict search" enabled, Tasca is missed, but if it's in the favorites, it knows to check anyways).

---

i'll start a thread on this tonight or later this week with something everyone can use/test.

• Upvote 1

thinking about this now... I think this would be good to add in... a plug-in versus just any-ol-site found on google (because who knows if a) they're still active, or b ) actually selling stuff on the site).

And as soon as you add it, I'm going to patent the concept and troll the hell out of you. Prepare to do battle. We're both going to lose :lol:

And as soon as you add it, I'm going to patent the concept and troll the hell out of you. Prepare to do battle. We're both going to lose :lol:

nerd-fight_thumb.jpg

at first we were like

nerd-fight_thumb.jpg

but then we were like

steve-bill-talk1.jpg

• Upvote 9