Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

wow... pants and a hoodie in anything over 70 is terrible...

shorts all year round baby!

yea i think he's insane... and we're talking a house that is set to 70.

reading around and putting some more thought into it... I wonder how much heat my monitors are putting out -- i turn them off at night (fully) and the room cools down by morning, which i was attributing to the outside being colder, as well as simply the computer not being used....

One monitor in particular, which i grabbed from work, i know it gets hot as shit... I have the larger version in front of me now and it's very warm -- the newer monitor next to it is cold.

Combination. The 3 monitors and the PC are each not big contributors, but their combined amount of heat is probably enough to be pretty significant. I'd suspect your PC is the largest source of heat though.

Check the monitors for dust. It prohibits ambient air flow, might be enough to get the monitor hot.

70 degrees? That is cold. I am at 82 on the top floor and 78 on the bottom. I just got a ceiling fan installed today so that will help make it feel cooler in the top floor but not actually cooling it down.

WOW 82 i would be in boxers all the time. i would invest in a second fan haha.

I've really started to appreciate buying albums again and listening to them on my stereo. Listening to an album by The Black Keys on this Pioneer system I have and IT SOUNDS GREAT. :wub:

• Upvote 2

i cant wait till i replace my speakers and install my sub. blown shitty speakers and no bass make me a sad panda. :(

70 degrees? That is cold. I am at 82 on the top floor and 78 on the bottom. I just got a ceiling fan installed today so that will help make it feel cooler in the top floor but not actually cooling it down.

lol... 70 is doable, a little less would be great.. but to a person who's already wearing a hoodie, it's hard to make an argument for less.

i love me some cold.

You go on a bender while you're out?

It will personally hurt me eventually

But I'm happy for America on obamacare

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've really started to appreciate buying albums again and listening to them on my stereo. Listening to an album by The Black Keys on this Pioneer system I have and IT SOUNDS GREAT. :wub:

If you didn't know this, you can put your computer audio in to pretty much any 'stereo'. So you can do it any time all the time.

If you didn't know this, you can put your computer audio in to pretty much any 'stereo'. So you can do it any time all the time.

Oh I know. I connect my iPod to the stereo too but with a lot of the songs I download online, I find the quality to be up and down. I can buy each song iTunes, etc but I'd rather just get the full albums.

Figure it's a good way to support the artists I like. lol

But see what's the fun in that. It used to be, music was an event! So it's nice to get nostalgic about it now and then and set time aside to listen to a great album on a nice stereo. This is why I've started collecting vinyl again. Is it convenient and great to have all of it on my computer/iPhone? Absolutely! Maybe this is my love affair with music talking, but I think dedicating your undivided attention to an album is WAY understated.

• Upvote 3