Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

Is this a members car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-xn58WBgI

JCViggen's old T5-R?

I know they were rebuilding it, plus it's been a while since there was an update.

Sort of. It has Jan's ECU, turbo, exhaust, and trans with LSD, but it is a different car. It does not have 550 hp.

• Upvote 1

man i miss Jan's old ass busting runs. Those were fun to watch. this was MEh. he seemed to be going hard at some points and just cruising others.

i wouldn't step foot on that track without a helmet.

• Upvote 2

I tore the stuff out of my meniscus. Hurts like a oh yeah!. #csb

I tore my PCL a year ago skating a bowl; took a bad knee bail in a tight corner, straight into the wall w/ my knee. It was borderline needing surgery, but I guess w/ a PCL they're a lot worse to fix as far as long term issues go, so they need to be torn fairly bad before they do surgery. You should see what I can do w/ my knee now. Sitting in a chair, I can push/pull my lower leg in and out of the knee socket, pretty creepy. Hurt like hell for a while but its a lot better now. I still feel it when I skate or run up and down stairs though.

You getting surgery for yours?

To elaborate on perceived intelligence, I think less of people who use enormous words frequently. Especially using uncommon words with common synonyms. I presume they are trying to project themselves in a way that makes them appear more intelligent than they are. It feels disingenuous and deceitful. Otherwise known as being full of stuff.

I agree. I used to work w/ this guy that I'm pretty sure would sleep w/ a dictionary. Dumber than a box of rocks, but he sure had a poetic vernacular.

But I also agree that swearing all the time implies lesser intelligence. When dealing w/ CSR, the last thing you want to do is cuss and swear, you can get a lot further w/ smarts than you can w/ vulgarity.

I'll see that with a little of this...'70's, man, 70's...messing around in the basement this evening. I remembered where they lived.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

:wub: ... Let me know if you're sick of tripping over those :)

Will do. I wanted to suspend them over my pool table - for about twenty years now. Weak.

I have some of mine and my borthers '80's Powell Peralta decks still. Ripper, McGill, Steadham, Caballero mini... Some are in really good condtion.

23002_201107150212301.jpg23002_201107150212303.jpg

Same for these, if they're taking up too much space let me know :ph34r: . Is that a rat bones in the top pic, behind the Rob Roskopp?

I tore my PCL a year ago skating a bowl; took a bad knee bail in a tight corner, straight into the wall w/ my knee. It was borderline needing surgery, but I guess w/ a PCL they're a lot worse to fix as far as long term issues go, so they need to be torn fairly bad before they do surgery. You should see what I can do w/ my knee now. Sitting in a chair, I can push/pull my lower leg in and out of the knee socket, pretty creepy. Hurt like hell for a while but its a lot better now. I still feel it when I skate or run up and down stairs though.

You getting surgery for yours?

I'm not sure yet. I have yet to get to the doctor. This is the second time it's happened, much worse feeling this time. I actually tore it skating a mini ramp a couple weekends ago. slipped and planted my feet while my body was twisting. Felt my knee pop, then fell on the ground like a bitch holding my knee for 10 minutes. :lol:

What Matt B has to deal with every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euzjO51pQvU&noredirect=1

I'm not sure yet. I have yet to get to the doctor. This is the second time it's happened, much worse feeling this time. I actually tore it skating a mini ramp a couple weekends ago. slipped and planted my feet while my body was twisting. Felt my knee pop, then fell on the ground like a bitch holding my knee for 10 minutes. :lol:

Feels good, no? Me, ACL reconstruction back in 2000.

If it's just meniscus related, they can do with arthroscopy. No biggie. :)

"She didn't use Dukes mayonnaise." :lol:

Dukes > any other mayonnaise.

Go Dawgs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euzjO51pQvU&noredirect=1

Thankfully no. A little more south than me is where you'd see that (NC, TN, SC, GA, etc...)

Same for these, if they're taking up too much space let me know :ph34r: . Is that a rat bones in the top pic, behind the Rob Roskopp?

I'll think about it too, I kept mine to hang in my Mancave as wall art. Got my '94 Duane Peters hanging in my garage currently, widest board on the market at the time @9" used an old set of Indy's since most shops didn't carry wide trucks and running Bucky Lasek Natty Bohs. Been showing my 2yr old how to ride it.

One thing I'm pissed is I gave way all my classic Powell Peralta videos. Bones Brigade, Future Primitive, Animal Chin... BB is my all time favorited. I think I still have a Santa Cruz videowith Natas Kapas, most amazing shot is hime oleing onto a fire hydrent, doing a 360 on the top of it and oleing off. That guy could street skate! I might still have a 70's board, like AJ Bahne boad, in ffiberglass.

The board you are asking about is Powell Peralta The Ripper, it's really narrow for the time, like 8"? Also it's not concave.

I'll think about it too, I kept mine to hang in my Mancave as wall art. Got my '94 Duane Peters hanging in my garage currently, widest board on the market at the time @9" used an old set of Indy's since most shops didn't carry wide trucks and running Bucky Lasek Natty Bohs. Been showing my 2yr old how to ride it.

One thing I'm pissed is I gave way all my classic Powell Peralta videos. Bones Brigade, Future Primitive, Animal Chin... BB is my all time favorited. I think I still have a Santa Cruz videowith Natas Kapas, most amazing shot is hime oleing onto a fire hydrent, doing a 360 on the top of it and oleing off. That guy could street skate! I might still have a 70's board, like AJ Bahne boad, in ffiberglass.

The board you are asking about is Powell Peralta The Ripper, it's really narrow for the time, like 8"? Also it's not concave.

Bones Brigade documentary was on Netflix for a while, maybe still is?? Also Christian Hosoi, Rising Son was on there too. Another good one is The Man Who Souled The World, movie about Steve Rocco and World Industries. A sad one is Stoked, The Rise and Fall Of Gator. All worth watching.

Gator! Buried the body in his suferboard bag... :arob: I want to keep an eye out for that.

I saw the Hosoi doc. Kinda cool, but weird that he's was a junkie and now born again. :ph34r:

Stacy's been doing some great docs, I have Dogtown and the Z-boys, AMAZING and Riding Giants, about big wave riding that's a really good one too. Caught all those on cable . ;)