Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

Like a BAWS:

Bro Truck to the rescue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh9wlJF7VwI

Wow, I read the article before seeing hte video and I thought it was another dramatic description of the events. A park full of kids might have meant one kid on the far side, clear of danger. But that's the real deal.

I wonder how it works insurance-wise for the truck's owner? Because as awesome as it was, I'd say he was at fault in that accident. Granted, extenuating circumstances. But will the insurance care?

Wow, I read the article before seeing hte video and I thought it was another dramatic description of the events. A park full of kids might have meant one kid on the far side, clear of danger. But that's the real deal.

I wonder how it works insurance-wise for the truck's owner? Because as awesome as it was, I'd say he was at fault in that accident. Granted, extenuating circumstances. But will the insurance care?

My reaction too. Great move on his part, especially given the driver's obvious lack of safety for others but I wouldn't be surprised if he got stuck with a hefty insurance bill for both his truck and the stolen car he just damaged.

Well, WWDC 2014 is incredibly disappointing, just like last year!

I'd bet they wrote it up as the criminal running the stop sign.

It's pretty evident that people on SS can often be idiots, but I thought this was worth sharing as I came across it this afternoon. This makes me happy that I didn't end up getting a different car back in January.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?211999-Hit-and-Run

Am I the only one who wonders if there's evidence to back up the "I'd never be alive if I'd driven any other car but this super safe Volvo" mantra?

Wait... that's what you're talking about isn't it :lol:

Am I the only one who wonders if there's evidence to back up the "I'd never be alive if I'd driven any other car but this super safe Volvo" mantra?

Volvo does have a great track record for safety, then again so do Honda/Acura, Subaru, Mercedes Benz, etc...

Is anyone else watching Fargo on FX?

Volvo does have a great track record for safety, then again so do Honda/Acura, Subaru, Mercedes Benz, etc...

I hydroplaned my first car, a 92 940, into a tree at 45mph, and the only reason I didn't walk (very far) away was because the dumb bitch sitting behind me wasn't wearing her seatbelt and broke three of the four bolts holding my seat to the floor and my leg got broken. I swear if I'd been in anything else I'd be dead.

I'm not saying I'd be putting my life on the line by buying another car, but it's pretty impressive to see horrific crashes like this time and time again with the driver walking away unscathed.

I'd really like to see the older model Volvo's (P80 and 240) put through the same tests that current car's are put through. I'm not sure the 15+ year old Volvo's would stand up so well. Not saying they would crumble but I bet they score about average now-a-days.

Still better than a 15+ year old anything else.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?199762-How-safe-is-the-S70-How-would-it-compare-to-new-Non-Volvo-Vehicles

There's a video there that has a P80 V70 crashing head to head with a 3rd gen V70 - interesting to see for sure.