Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

Valid points, but I still loved it. And since were discussing skyfall, I don't think M (Judy Dench) is dead.

they have a new M. that one guy.

.02 i've loved all of Craigs/bonds work.

Agreed, other than Connery Craig is the best. And I know, I just still think shes alive :P

I know I'm not in the majority, but my favorite Bonds are from favorite to least fav.

#1 George Lasenby, HMSS was THE best Bond! So violent for it's time too, a really good movie beginning to end AND he's the only Bond that cried... :(

#2 Daniel Craig, very action oriented Bond, not too many "gadgets" like the older guys. I think that's why I like his its all ACTON!

#3 Roger Moore, His early movies had some of the BEST stunts in them, Man with the Golden Gun and the AMC that spirals over the canal. Or Live and let die with the speed boat jumps, The Spy that loved me opening ski chase with him parachuting off a mountain! WOW! But his Bond was very tongue and cheak, made the movies too "funny" and not in a good way at times...

#4 Connery, all the action, stunts, fights effects are so cheesy compared to today. Most of the car chase he's sitting in a studio, maybe the only one where he isn't is Diamonds are Forever, which I do like. That car chase in Vegas is good and that's when the action became much better.

#5 Brosnan/ Dalton, While I liked Living Daylights, after License to Kill was the WORST! I stopped watching Bond for a long time after that. I've caught some of the Brosnan films but they never interested me. :( I think of him as Remington Steele still...

And I'm not alone in that thinking either. Read the reviews.

As for Skyfall, it was at best a middling movie with an extraordinarily laughable premise. Well filmed with beautiful photography, certainly. But the story was stilted and poorly presented. The first third was a great movie but it falls apart as soon as Bond boards the ship to the island.

I mean, I expect the criminals to be stupid in Bond movies, that's always a given. But for Q to connect a confiscated laptop from a known sophisticated hacker to the internal MI6 network? And then the whole ending while visually compelling was utterly unbelievable and overwrought. Let's go isolate ourselves out in the middle of nowhere so the guys we know are going to find us can come attack us in massive numbers but let's do this so we can explore a little more of Bond's back story. Contrived is the word that comes to mind.

Yup I agree. It was an interesting angle on Bonds background, but quite frankly was a bore to get through imo.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the worst for me... I love the Connery and Moore ones, the Brosnans I can take or leave... I think Craig is an improvement over Brosnan, but not much of one. I try to forget Dalton exists...

Real question is which was better, Thunderball or Never Say Never Again

On Her Majesty's Secret Service was the worst for me... I love the Connery and Moore ones, the Brosnans I can take or leave... I think Craig is an improvement over Brosnan, but not much of one. I try to forget Dalton exists...

Was that the movie that was exactly the same as Thunderball but with the different actor? It's been so long since I've seen either

Thunderball.

Was that the movie that was exactly the same as Thunderball but with the different actor? It's been so long since I've seen either

Same plot, both with Connery.

This. Is. Awesome.

:tup:

Jersey Rob showed up to the Pagoda Meet in Reading today....

dlwTTNnl.jpg

Got 3/4 of the garage roof insulated.

20141207_153408_zpsy5c4hoe3.jpg

Way brighter and quieter inside. I wish it looked cleaner, but that stuff is a bitch to put up.

It will be a perfect place to keep my P2R. No 850s allowed since their so old and P2s are infinite times better especially since they never break.

• Upvote 3