Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

The feeling of waking up mid car crash must be one of the worst feelings ever.

I wonder if you would even know what's going on until you come to a stop.

I'm not sure about when you're asleep, but the accident I was in back in high school, such a panicy adrenaline rush, you know exactly what's going on. It's almost like real life slomo.

I couldn't even tell that was a Lexus until I looked closer at the grille. Amazing they walked away unscathed.

The driver said his buddy yelled, he woke up and they were gliding through the air sideways. He said it seemed like an eternity before hitting the ground. After I figured out what happened, I walked him over to show him where he launched, and how he flew between the sign and hill. He was in disbelief. They were some college kids that decided at midnight to drive to SF up PCH. The accident happened around 5:30am.

My Brother in law rolled a car; around a corner at high speed, down a bank and into a creek when he was a dumb teenager. No seat belts, broke through the glass sunroof mid-roll and was completely ejected and thrown free. The roof was caved in so badly, the responders told him if he had he stayed in the car, even buckled he'd surely be dead. I've always wondered what that was like being launched out of a rolling car, maybe even seeing it tumbling as your in mid-flight. Maybe busting through the glass, he wasn't conscious, I don't know. We don't talk about it so I assume others in the car weren't as fortunate. This was before I was even dating my now wife so I wasn't privy to the details and she says she doesn't remember.

I was in a 4Runner that flipped when I was in high school, we were 16 my friend was driving like an asshole on the cross island pkwy, realized he was missing the exit, careened across 3 lanes of traffic only to hit the gaurd rail, the ramped part mind you exclusively with the driver side of the car and launched us barrel rolling off the other side of the exit ramp.

I was sitting behind him and I never saw it coming there's was a bang and scrape noise and as I was processing that I was also noticing we were airborne and starting to roll. I braced my left arm against the roof and grabbed the girl next to me with my right arm and braced he across my chest. Car ended up on its passenger side/roof in the trees on the side of the exit ramp

Had to fly out a 26yo male after having a stroke this morning. Kinda scary since the guy was pretty young and was in decent shape. Luckily his friends identified what was happening and got help right away. Still the time it took for his friends to find a phone to call 911, and the time it took for the helo to get there and get him to the hospital, he was cutting it close. I think he was still in the time-frame for a TPA.

• Upvote 1

At a tournament this weekend, good friend of mine went to hit a ball that was set faster than usual. He had to rush to it, planted wrong after hitting the ball which I blocked. This was the last game of quarter finals late in the game where every point counts. When I blocked the ball our team screamed and cheered, then realized he was on the ground and immediately shut up.

He ended up shifting his patella 90 degrees to the outside of his knee. Most gruesome thing I've ever seen and he took it like a champ. I feel so bad for the kid. Its back in place now but I hate when this shit happens. I'll refrain from posting the picture here.

Does anyone make silicone expansion tank hoses?

Looks like I may have a leak at the lower one where it connects to bottle and figured id just upgrade the hoses.

If not ill just pick up a oem

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/9085/120390-expansion-tank-hose-p80-850-s70-v70-c70-1998

Anyone have opinions on good credit card offers? I have good to excellent credit and am doing a ton of traveling. I'll be using it for rental cars, fuel, dinners, occasional flights (my company will usually book these, though I'll likely use the card on personal flight as well), etc. I'm curious what people are using and what benefits you're receiving.