Sign in to follow this  
Jesus

Off Topic: The Thread

Recommended Posts

The one thing I don't like about the E36. Step 1 to every project is "remove intake manifold." :a-farmboy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CAAnglin said:

The one thing I don't like about the E36. Step 1 to every project is "remove intake manifold." :a-farmboy:

I've actually not seen that.. granted mines the 4cyl.. but I stayed away from the engine shy of injectors/plugs/wires/ basic to get it up n healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GF adopted a kitten during an event over the weekend.   

3month old girl with 1 eye. 

 

So of course I brought it home to house break and introduce to my 6mo old. 
She is 2.3 lbs O.o  so gotta fatten her up so she can get her rabies shot next week.   
Looks bigger in pics but she is tiny, especially compared to where mine was at 3 months. 

Sorta jealous though, spayed microchipped all vacs and a few hundred in freebies/freebie coupons for a $20 adoption fee...   (4 30lb buckets of litter - 6 bags of cat food - free check ups at petco, free grooming/bath, free testing (fiv and such even though shes already had it all done) and a plethora of other stuff like 50% off toy coupons and shit for both petco and petsmart. 
When I adopted mine I had to pay $50 for him and all his shots/microchip and everything else that comes along with him.  :lol: 

20181201_150907.jpg

received_263592737844682.jpg

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys been a while since I've actually posted


I'm at a crossroads with my 850 and I'm looking for advice: the long and short of it is that my current engine is on the way out, it needs piston rings and burns a good amount of oil. That being said, I've probably spent a bit too much on parts over the years on this thing and IDK if I should replace the engine or just part it out. It's manual swapped with a turbo flywheel/euro R clutch, 97R motor, DO88 big intercooler and radiator, 20T turbo and a bunch of other fun bits. What say you all: part it out, sell whole to a new buyer, or source a new engine and swap it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin. said:

hey guys been a while since I've actually posted


I'm at a crossroads with my 850 and I'm looking for advice: the long and short of it is that my current engine is on the way out, it needs piston rings and burns a good amount of oil. That being said, I've probably spent a bit too much on parts over the years on this thing and IDK if I should replace the engine or just part it out. It's manual swapped with a turbo flywheel/euro R clutch, 97R motor, DO88 big intercooler and radiator, 20T turbo and a bunch of other fun bits. What say you all: part it out, sell whole to a new buyer, or source a new engine and swap it?

With how available things are and how sweet your car is, I'd be inclined to push you to fix it. If you don't; what would you replace it with?

That said though... if you end up parting it out, lemme know about those coilovers, K? :smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

With how available things are and how sweet your car is, I'd be inclined to push you to fix it. If you don't; what would you replace it with?

That said though... if you end up parting it out, lemme know about those coilovers, K? :smile:

 

I'm considering a mid 00's XC70 for a daily


At this point, I've spent well over 10 grand on this car. This is the 3rd engine and frankly I've run out of steam on this car, I just think I'm done. I'd love to sell it whole to someone but I think parting it out would net me the most money. That being said, you should get the coilovers :lol: 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kev do you still live in delaware? Is this the white 850R? Might be interested in the trans depending how good she is. And R bumper.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brad850 said:

Kev do you still live in delaware? Is this the white 850R? Might be interested in the trans depending how good she is. And R bumper.

yeah in DE, this is the 96 T5 that I bought from Rolling Motors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems the heavens have aligned to keep this car alive, I found a 01 T5 motor w/ sub 100k for a great price and will be picking it up soon

 

sorry Mikey, no coilovers for jooo

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin. said:

sorry Mikey, no coilovers for jooo

No sweat. I'm more happy you're keeping her alive, tbh!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, Kevin. said:

it seems the heavens have aligned to keep this car alive, I found a 01 T5 motor w/ sub 100k for a great price and will be picking it up soon

 

sorry Mikey, no coilovers for jooo

I'll give you $1 more than Mikey would've for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, quiksilver said:

I'll give you $1 more than Mikey would've for them.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this