scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

R class aka one of the ugliest benzo's ever made

Remember our black one ? It was an 04 or 06, I can't remember. A week after buying it, local dealer did $3,400 worth of repairs under warranty and another $1,800 2 weeks before we unloaded it. Sold it with 3 weeks left on the warranty, biggest POS we ever owned. But you could not lose traction in the snow with that thing, it was amazing.

R class aka one of the ugliest benzo's ever made

It's like a minivan, except not. Wait maybe, kinda?

Spent a while trying to install a silicone elbow turbo coolant hose. No luck. Used a heat gun and silicone spray. Finally called it a night with the thing not even halfway on.

At least I got the timing belt and the small straight hose done.

Make sure to get alot of it in your pipe.

You sure its the right size?

Never really had problems with silicone hoses, the fcp one was a pain, but I managed to get it on without much issue.

More redline stuff came in last night, so I put my arm rest cover on, doing the ebrake tonight, and just waiting on a few more bits to come in.

So ill have, floorshifter, ebrake, armrest, optd to keep the wood steeringwheel idk why but I like it.

4 more pieces to go.

Spent a while trying to install a silicone elbow turbo coolant hose. No luck. Used a heat gun and silicone spray. Finally called it a night with the thing not even halfway on.

At least I got the timing belt and the small straight hose done.

soak them in hot water and put some muscle into it...

I thought you weren't supposed to use silicone spray/lube on silicone items....doesn't it eat the silicone?

I thought you weren't supposed to use silicone spray/lube on silicone items....doesn't it eat the silicone?

I know foam filter cleaner does....

:mellow:

• Upvote 1

:mellow:

This is from a sex site, but the properties of silicone remain....

"Some silicone-based lubricants can degrade silicone products. Specifically, lubricants containing cyclopentasiloxane (also known as cyclomethicone) causes the silicone in all products to swell and become misshapen. All Jimmyjane products are made with the highest-grade, safest silicone available. All silicone products, no matter how high the quality, degrade with prolonged exposure to silicone-based lubricants."

Started replacing some of the ground wires on the wagon. Temp set up until I can drill mounting points on the body, I want to drive it a few miles as-is to see if it runs better.

09497IGl.jpg

• Upvote 4

Started replacing some of the ground wires on the wagon. Temp set up until I can drill mounting points on the body, I want to drive it a few miles as-is to see if it runs better.

let me know when the zip ties break and that ground wire wraps around the drive shaft

• Upvote 1