scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Kaplhenke

I don't think people are buying CJ's...

Biggie vs Tupac :)

East cost goes with Ben, West coast goes with CJ, for the most part.

I have been running CJs for 3 years as well no problems at all with them. I don't believe I have heard of problems with either setup.

Yep, I've got Ben's. Took about 20-25 minutes start to finish, with a lift. I have the 2nd generation ones which are significantly easier.

Yep, I've got Ben's. Took about 20-25 minutes start to finish, with a lift. I have the 2nd generation ones which are significantly easier.

did you have to drop down the subframe at all to get to them? Or can you do it by removing the giant washer or whatever it is that covers them up?

And I assume these are the ones you speak of?

http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections/2000-2009-p2-vehicles-s60-v70-s80/products/awd-fwd-delrin-subframe-bushings

Remove DS and PS front bolts, subframe sags. Replace both with delrin and resecure. Repeat for the 2 bushings in the rear. Done.

Remove DS and PS front bolts, subframe sags. Replace both with delrin and resecure. Repeat for the 2 bushings in the rear. Done.

And a hacksaw to the sides of the bushing, pry out, and push in the new ones? Easy peasy lemon squeezy?

I'm East coast and just installed CJ's bushings. I had the sub frame out of the car so it was pretty easy once I scrounged up the right size bolts and washers to press them in.

Sharp bumps are less so now that they are installed. It turns out hard delrin bushings contribute more to a softer ride than 16 year old rubber bushings.

Biggie vs Tupac :)

East cost goes with Ben, West coast goes with CJ, for the most part.

I have been running CJs for 3 years as well no problems at all with them. I don't believe I have heard of problems with either setup.

Yeah I didnt mean it like that... I meant it as I dont hear of the CJ ones at all and only see the kaphlenke ones thats all

i replaced mine with new oem bushings and added the ipd poly inserts and have been happy with them.

Painted the bumpers.

Changed oil and oil filter on the p2. Had a five gallon bucket sitting on the drive so I used that to hold the 5 qt jug while I poured the old oil into it. Worked pretty well. Kept the jug upright and driveway clean.

Gabe a hole saw (preferably wired/dedicated) works much better. I had no luck with a reciprocating or hack saw. The first bushing took me 30 mins to remove, the last three with hole saw took under 10 mins

Removed the bushings from the stock swaybar, started removing the paint/rust from that in prep for paint and new bushings. Grabbed a spare FWD subframe, removed the steering rack, swaybar, etc. The engineer at Volvo who chose to use studs for the steering rack was an asshole. Those things were such a bastard to remove because every single one started to spin and counter-holding them is nearly impossible. Today the bushings come out, and it gets a much needed pressure wash to get rid of the dirt/grease.

Also replaced the ETM on my friend's 04 V70 AWD.

The engineer at Volvo who chose to use studs for the steering rack was an asshole. Those things were such a bastard to remove because every single one started to spin and counter-holding them is nearly impossible.

Agreed! Why oh why are those studs used!? So how did you hold them to spin the nut off? I couldn't get one to hold and gave up.

For the harder to access ones, I hammered a prybar in between the rack and subframe and kept upwards pressure on the rack while a buddy used the impact gun to spin the nut off. I was able to get some vicegrips locked onto a couple of them, that made life easier.

For the harder to access ones, I hammered a prybar in between the rack and subframe and kept upwards pressure on the rack while a buddy used the impact gun to spin the nut off. I was able to get some vicegrips locked onto a couple of them, that made life easier.

I forget the location of the stud but can you fit a mig in there and tack them in place?

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm sure you could, that would make things way easier.

I don't have a welder so sadly that wasn't an option for me. Plus the amount of grease/grime on the subframe I was dealing with would've made it impossible to get a halfway clean weld.