scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Discovered the hidden licorice:

XBdp9oU.jpg

After some deliberation the licorice was relocated to a more suitable place.

9O9V6wG.jpg

The shiny bit is part of the surface of the throttle blade, took the picture at a slight angle.

9 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

where did you go? hows it ride?

Volvo. 150 for the alignment and they washed my car too. A little on the high side I guess but, I don't mind. I don't trust those mr tire places, especially for the rear alignment. Plus I got to sit and watch.

Also It rides amazing. No interior noises:wub:

• Upvote 2

awesome man! which dealer?

I bought more parts for both of them ..... Picking up the white one on Thursday :D 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

awesome man! which dealer?

Cherry Hill 

21 hours ago, Brad850 said:

Volvo. 150 for the alignment and they washed my car too. A little on the high side I guess but, I don't mind. I don't trust those mr tire places, especially for the rear alignment. Plus I got to sit and watch.

Nice! Only place I would take it to, tbh (not counting any high-end performance shops, etc)

Last time I went to one of those places (Active Green + Ross), they put my wagon in the air and then came in 5 minutes later saying they had no idea how to align it. I didn't get charged but it was a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Brad850 said:

Also It rides amazing. No interior noises:wub:

Hmmm maybe I should try this.  I'm not really happy with the alignments I've been getting in my T-5R (and the last time I went they didn't give me the alignment sheet so that shop may be permanently fired).

Edited by JaredR1

Took the CX coilovers off and put stock struts back on the 99 R. Start to finish including putting tools away and washing my hands took 61 minutes. 

The rear is still lowered with drop bolts so the reverse rake is hilarious 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, andyb5 said:

Took the CX coilovers off and put stock struts back on the 99 R. Start to finish including putting tools away and washing my hands took 61 minutes. 

The rear is still lowered with drop bolts so the reverse rake is hilarious 

As long as you wear a flannel and bump ice cube while driving it'll look just fine 

Vacuumed both Rs.

Black R just crossed 500k kms/310k mi.

• Upvote 1

Went straight to war with my 99 V70r over the past week ish. I replaced my front struts (Koni yellows), springs (Eibach), strut bearings and mounts, tie rods, control arm, wheel bearing... no problems. Started the rear suspension (new springs and nivos)... driver side came apart, no problem. Got the driver's side springs and nivos in, and went to take the passenger side apart and the bolt that mounts the rear control arm was froze in the sleeve that mounts in the control arm (bolts the rear control arm to the bearing housing via a rubber bushing). I figured not a big deal, I'll take the die grinder, cut the original bolt out, then get a new bushing from Volvo. Well... that bushing is NLA from Volvo. I then figured out that NO ONE makes aftermarket suspension bushings for a 99 V70 AWD. So I called Energy Suspension with my dimensions, and figured out that a polyurethane Jeep Wrangler spring shackle bushing is the same diameter, just a little too long. The bushing was $13, so I took a chance and ordered it. Once I cut it down, it fit together nicely, actually pressed in perfectly, like a urethane bushing should. The original bolt was a 12 mm, but the new shackle bushing sleeve was for a 1/2" bolt, so I had to drill the entry and exit holes in my bearing housing for the 1/2" bolt. Everything pressed together perfectly and the car is back on the road. Drives amazing, the suspension is so much more predictable and stable. The car doesn't "plow" dips like it used to, no more crunching when I'm full clock while steering... really glad I did it. And my old suspension didn't really feel worn out, I replaced it because it was a tad lop-sided and I wanted to drop the front a little. Very happy with the end result. I'm thinking I might try to replace all the bushings in the rear suspension the same way... I have a spare lower control arm so I can measure everything and call Energy Suspension again to see what might work.

Next I think I'll remove my cat, getting it ready for a catless Hilton tune hopefully in October. I really want to get into 13 sec 1/4 with it. I'm not saying that simply removing my cat will do this, but I think the combination of what I've done, plus removing the cat, and a Hilton tune should get me there (hopefully, I might still need to go with a FMIC). I'll try to post suspension pics with my phone... Well, tried and still can't upload pics on this forum. So...

Edit: I also finally centered my shifter. When I did my swap, I used the factory shift linkage mounting holes. This places the shifter a tad too far forward (bump the hazard switch sometimes when hard shifting 3rd with my knuckle), and a tad to the right. I moved it back about 9/16", and about 3/16" over to the left and the shift linkage is perfectly centered in the hole in the console now. I used a thread setter to install new threads to mount it, worked perfectly.

Edited by mattsk8
  • Like 1

36777232346_279678285b_b.jpg

Built a cart to roll an engine/transmission/subframe around the shop on.

no pegz, tint, hidz or delrin bushings on it = don't care