scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

i need a meteor. 

or a way to clean some nasty caked on rust from a stuck caliper off the one i have.

but i don't want to pay a giant amount of money for shipping. so cleaning my be the best option.

I just flip-flopped from almost selling it to full time driving it and it needs a bit of sprucing up.

Get a cleaner that reacts to iron particles.

You might be able to get away with using Sonax wheel cleaner but chances are you'll most likely need something like Iron-X.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, quiksilver said:

You might be able to get away with using Sonax wheel cleaner but chances are you'll most likely need something like Iron-X.

adding this to my cart as soon as i post this,

On 6/12/2018 at 1:47 AM, sventastic said:

Added a third pedal and fifth gear...

AWESOME!

On 6/10/2018 at 9:17 PM, quiksilver said:

I just wanted to say thanks for this recommendation. I didn't know there was a product out there like this. and it has honestly saved my wheel from the recycling pile. ( or refinishing the whole set) I cant believe how well this stuff works.  I got the ItonX. and while there is still some work and scrubbing needed. the transformation is honestly shocking.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Stormtrooper1 said:

I just wanted to say thanks for this recommendation. I didn't know there was a product out there like this. and it has honestly saved my wheel from the recycling pile. ( or refinishing the whole set) I cant believe how well this stuff works.  I got the ItonX. and while there is still some work and scrubbing needed. the transformation is honestly shocking.

No problem, it's why forums exist.

Have any before/after pictures?

Spray it on your car and watch the amount of iron it reacts to.

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

No problem, it's why forums exist.

Have any before/after pictures?

Spray it on your car and watch the amount of iron it reacts to.

I do have some before and afters- though im embarrassed at the condition of the "Before"

So this is the result of a slightly stuck ebrake. the flat surface of this wheel is coated in the rust like gunk that is rough, and would not clean off by other the other cleaners and the scrubbing i have tried. I thought for sure this would have to be refinished.

The after is a result of about 5 minutes of it sitting, and light scrubbing with one of those nylon toothbrushes from home depot. i still obviously have more work ahead, but it looks like they will be perfectly workable for what will once again be a daily driven car. 

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

• Upvote 1

On the C70: new OEM battery, TME springs, Pirelli P-Zero's, refinished Triton's, front/rear OEM brake pads, new front brake lines, G2 silver caliper paint on the calipers and uprights, updated dipstick, and CQuartz DLUX on the wheels and calipers.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oreo931 said:

^and no pics. Shame.

Just ordered some new OEM E-code headlamp lenses and cornerlamps, too.  And you're right, no pics because it never leaves the garage (just like yours).

• Upvote 3

Just like all of ours. 

• Upvote 2