scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Wife's XC60 - Had leaking windshield resealed, software 2.0 installed, foglight no restriction application installed (fogs stay on with high beams) and new wiper.

S60 sitting at shop getting 2 new tires and an oil change.  

S70 at work getting a bath currently. 

Tomorrow - S60 gets a bath and the S70 goes back into hibernation while I do more wrenching. 

what are you working on now (s70)?

On 2/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, gmsgltr said:

what are you working on now (s70)?

Yeah I need to finish the dam thing. 

Took so long to get the right hose size for the Maf, and then I read its easy to just use a s90/960 one.  lmao. 

I really need to get that car done and full of e85. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not really me but dealership. 

The s60 was in yesterday for a few things. 

Alarm system malfunction
BLIS CTA service required
And a leak on the pass door during very hard rain. 

Rdar model replaced for blis/cta
Software updated for Blis/CTA

New module for Alarm system and an update O.o 

New door seal.  

At least it was all under warranty 👌

Been cruising around in a 2019 xc60 T5 and can say I might be picking up a xc60 soon... 
Or at least trading the 2018 s60 in for the 2019.  
Definitely a nice update to the models. 

I really love the look of the new S60/V60. I just don't like all the tech in them. That Sensus touch screen is the deal breaker for me.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:26 PM, bmdubya1198 said:

I really love the look of the new S60/V60. I just don't like all the tech in them. That Sensus touch screen is the deal breaker for me.

Lol really? 

I'm honestly liking the touch screen.   
It was a pita at first but now that ive been using it, its super easy to navigate.  

Except the navi, thats still a bit of an annoyance trying to actually get it to accept an address. 

4 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Lol really? 

I'm honestly liking the touch screen.   
It was a pita at first but now that ive been using it, its super easy to navigate.  

Except the navi, thats still a bit of an annoyance trying to actually get it to accept an address. 

Haha, I know it seems ridiculous, but I can't be bothered to figure those things out. I want to just drive a car, not play with all the gadgets. I mean sure, it's cool, but I find it unnecessary. I have an iPhone, that works perfectly fine for anything the touch screen would be able to do. Plus it's a much simpler interface!

I was messing with the touchscreen on a new S60 at an auto show a few months ago, and I couldn't even figure out how to turn down the volume on the radio (someone was testing the bass before I got to it). I'm 20 years old, I'm pretty good with computers, but I just don't get why these infotainment systems are so complicated compared to Android or iOS. They would be much better if all automakers could come up with one or two standardized interfaces.

I like Apple Carplay, it's a shame these systems can't just run on that alone!

Bump, 

I want to see what you guys are doing to your caRs 

• Upvote 1

looked at it yesterday. got sad. 

• Like 1

Mostly just driving it every day. 

46932788141_50407ae6bf_b.jpg

This photo is from a few weeks ago, but nothing has changed. I washed all the salt and sand in the picture off, only for it to get reapplied a few days later when it snowed again. 

It needs the angle gear replaced and the driveshaft reinstalled because FWD is getting really old. Oh, and I need to replace the drivers front wheel speed sensor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmsgltr said:

looked at it yesterday. got sad. 

Lol, I'm lucky if I even look at my cars anymore (apart from my DD XC).  Kind of stinks.

• Like 1

😞

• Like 1

I've been working hard on the R all week. Strut mounts and spring seats will arrive today, so when those get here I'll be replacing those along with the struts (Koni STR.T), control arms, tie rods, and stainless brake lines. I also have a new fuel filter which I'll replace soon.

Yesterday I replaced the nivomats with a good used set, the car is sitting level again! I also adjusted the e-brake shoes so hopefully once I tighten up the cable at the handle a little bit it'll hold the car finally.

I also rebuilt the driver side axle the other day just to have the outer CV joint pop out on my test drive. I'm going to pull that back out again today and hammer that joint in the rest of the way. That outer joint is a real pain.

Then last week I replaced the radiator and upper hose. The car finally holds coolant... and my heater hose rebuild/improvement/junction box bypass worked beautifully!

VIDA/DiCE is on the way from China, and once I get that I'll be getting the tune from Hilton. Also need to order tires for my Propus Cs. I can't wait to finally drive this car, it's been a long time coming!XkeveEv.jpg

j7zwa5C.jpg

AiYIkam.jpg

ZwHcd7f.jpg

• Upvote 3

oooo nice!