scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

3 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

looks good - is that a 2008? how do yall like it?

Yup. 08 with the 3.2l. I really like it. I love the interior on these and their relatively minimalist design. Fits 2 car seats in the back with enough room for the middle portion of the rear seat to folders down to pass stuff through. And  one of my favorite parts is the storage under the floor in the trunk. 

It's a very functional car. 

FA8605DA-42E8-4598-B503-C860786534F7.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Yup. 08 with the 3.2l. I really like it. I love the interior on these and their relatively minimalist design. Fits 2 car seats in the back with enough room for the middle portion of the rear seat to folders down to pass stuff through. And  one of my favorite parts is the storage under the floor in the trunk. 

It's a very functional car. 

FA8605DA-42E8-4598-B503-C860786534F7.jpeg

That's an awesome amount of storage space under the floor! I wish the P80 wagons had a better setup for that, but I just have to let stuff slide around on the carpeted piece covering my spare.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:33 PM, JoshV70 said:

What's up with that saff C70 in the back?

I can ask, but pretty sure its a customer car. 

Aaron wrapped up the final dyno tuning on the Saff today. Still kind of in shock. VAST, ftw. 

7024DE81-0DA1-4B02-A021-B4043364A7D5.jpeg

• Upvote 6

Those are really impressive numbers.

What's the setup again?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Those are really impressive numbers.

What's the setup again?

There will be more details later, but short:

’98 V70r, M58, built (Wiseco 81.5, RSI rods) b5244t5, gtx3071r gen2 (IWG) .82ar, tubular manifold, tastyVAST downpipe, 950cc injectors, custom 3.25”? iD maf housing, iPd intercooler, do88 radiator and random rip kit pieces, custom intake, NA tb, dw300, non-stock fpr, stock fuel lines (with fuel to spare), E85, COP, dual VVT... that’s the basics.

*stock m4.4 intake manifold 

Edited by B_Dub
Turbine housing size clarify
  • Upvote 4

WOAH.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations, that’s awesome Brandon, you must be so excited to go for a drive!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ihatespeedbumps said:

That's a little improvement over the 4T4 setup!!

The 4T4 was a great setup, very quick spool and better top end than k24. I made 388awhp and 426 awtq @ 25-ish psi on a Mustang dyno, but was having boost control problems, which ended up being the wastegate rod bushing/ design flaw. (Corrected before I sold it to you)... that being said, the new setup should be quite a bit laggier, but with obviously more room up top.

8 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

WOAH.

I know, right? Aaron is the MAN

7 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

Wow! Now those are some impressive numbers!

VAST tuning, all credit is his. I just paid for it.

4 hours ago, andyb5 said:

Congratulations, that’s awesome Brandon, you must be so excited to go for a drive!

Thanks Andy! I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas. It’s unfair. I’m flying out to Denver tomorrow, driving it to California for a standing 1/2 mile event Saturday, then the big Davis meet on Sunday, then home to Portland from there. Should be a blast!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, B_Dub said:

Aaron wrapped up the final dyno tuning on the Saff today. Still kind of in shock. VAST, ftw. 

7024DE81-0DA1-4B02-A021-B4043364A7D5.jpeg

What's particularly awesome is how flat that torque curve is...  faaaawwwwwk!!  Remind me to move over Brandon if I see you in my rear view on I5..  :a-farmboy:

@Tightmopedman9  Please chime in to take some credit and comment..  I'm sure we're all interested..

Edited by gdog

15 hours ago, B_Dub said:

Thanks Andy! I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas. It’s unfair. I’m flying out to Denver tomorrow, driving it to California for a standing 1/2 mile event Saturday, then the big Davis meet on Sunday, then home to Portland from there. Should be a blast!

this sounds epic^

gotta hear more about this 

so how'd you get the car to Aaron? maybe thats what i need to do. get mine out to him so its finished. because we all know im not finishing it lol.

1 hour ago, gmsgltr said:

this sounds epic^

gotta hear more about this 

so how'd you get the car to Aaron? maybe thats what i need to do. get mine out to him so its finished. because we all know im not finishing it lol.

Finished... that's a word that's not in my vocabulary lol

16 hours ago, B_Dub said:

... I’m flying out to Denver tomorrow, driving it to California for a standing 1/2 mile event Saturday, then the big Davis meet on Sunday, then home to Portland from there. Should be a blast!

Take US 50 and exercise the top end!