scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

use punctuation man. Otherwise its like pulling nails trying to decipher it.

ok lets try this again

6 month old alternator is already bad :huh::huh: . I got it tested at advanced its only putting out 1 amp at the most. I went back to work and put it on a trickle charger for 2 hours then i got too hot and i didnt want all the acid to evaporate so i threw it back in the car and made it home. Called the person that put the alternator in 6 months ago his phone line is dissconected. I show up at his house/shop and it has a key pad on the front door and its been repainted and theres nothing inside, yeah he skipped town little bastard

anyways come home and start taking crap off. It took an hour and a half to get the alternator out not too bad i think. oh and my tensioner that he told me was stripped is perfectly square i swear this bastard is a drunk. First putting in a non turbo alternator then not hooking up the cables to the alternator. anyways gonna go see if i can get a new alternator for free tomorrow from the place he bought it from and a new p/s pump and reservoir too

and to update i went to where he bought it from they had no record of him buying the one i pulled from the car so they couldnt honor the warrantee. They were nice enough to put it under his buisness account which saved me 120 dollars. I ordered a new pump w/ reservoir from advanced it will be here tomorrow so i can put it in and give the car to Justin on sunday. As im putting in the alternator i get a call from an unknown number is the guy that put in the alternator I told him what happened and he told me tomorrow he will go down there and get it straightened out and get my money back. So it wasnt a bad few days after all.

ok lets try this again

HI IT GOOD U DID NOT PUT UR ALT ON TRICKLE CHARGER TOO LONG OR ACID WOULD COME OUT U RIGHT BOUT THAT IT HAPPEN TO ME OMG ALWAYS MAK SURE U ONLY USE ALT THAT IS RATED FOR TURBO CARS OR U WILL RUIN UR OCTANE SENSERS AND EHXUAST BEARINGS!.

I LIKE EGGS.

BYEEEEE!

HI IT GOOD U DID NOT PUT UR ALT ON TRICKLE CHARGER TOO LONG OR ACID WOULD COME OUT U RIGHT BOUT THAT IT HAPPEN TO ME OMG ALWAYS MAK SURE U ONLY USE ALT THAT IS RATED FOR TURBO CARS OR U WILL RUIN UR OCTANE SENSERS AND EHXUAST BEARINGS!.

I LIKE EGGS.

BYEEEEE!

:lol: today I looked at it once or twice....feels like a lazy sunday so I havent done anything to it

I LIKE EGGS.

BYEEEEE!

Ok first off who is dumb enough to put an alternator on a charger. i was talking about the battery so i could actually get home ( i really hope that part was a joke) also unless you like radio interference you probably should use a turbo alternator in a turbo car. But i generally try to use the parts that actually fit my car

last of all dick. i tried to re write my first post so that you could actually understand, if you would have just responded with this in the first place i wouldn't have bothered re writing it.

Left right outer tie rod ends - car feels tighter and doesn't follow the gooves

4 new rotors Drilled and slotted

4 junk yard calipers off an 850 with 65k

SS brake lines

4 new ceremic pads

Greesed everything up real good and painted the calipers red. The car stops very well and smooth. It still pulls a little when stopping, like before. I think it needs an alignment and inner tie rod ends. I will start with the alignment, a shop by my work only charges $40 for a 4 wheel one.

There was a rattle and I think it's gone now. I will report back on that. I didn't have enough energy to get the boost problem figured out. I will do that tomorrow. I am beat. It took my about 4hrs by myself to do this. Then my girl pumped the brakes. She did a really good job.

If you put on 4 new rotors, shouldn't you have put on 8 new pads?????????????? :D:D

about to put the windshield banner on and test fit the brows.

DOne it, they look sickkkk, gonna add sum pics to my petty thread later.

i was messing with the car, and went inside to shower before i went out. i came out to see it was pouring down. i got dressed and went outside to see that my damn windows were all the way down.

I relocated my horns, put on some xpel, and found out my intake was completely unattached to the airbox.

I jerry-rigged the horns in front of the battery with some garbage bag ties.

Ok first off who is dumb enough to put an alternator on a charger. i was talking about the battery so i could actually get home ( i really hope that part was a joke) also unless you like radio interference you probably should use a turbo alternator in a turbo car. But i generally try to use the parts that actually fit my car

last of all dick. i tried to re write my first post so that you could actually understand, if you would have just responded with this in the first place i wouldn't have bothered re writing it.

damn relax he is just kiding :lol:

If you put on 4 new rotors, shouldn't you have put on 8 new pads?????????????? :D:D

You're so right, yeah 4 sets, or 8 pads. LOL

There used to be a metalic rattle I could hear while driving slow. Doing the brake job fixed it. My car rides very quiet now. :D

The tie rod ends make the car feel so much tighter. It doesn't feel like it's falling apart going over bumps anymore. A lot of the shock used to get transfered into the cab, now the shocks-springs take care of that.

I've done the control arms, shocks, springs, end links and tie rods in the past year. The front end is starting to come together.

Now I need a sway bar and some HD endlinks, and inner tie rods. Then it would be pretty much rebuilt. :)

Drove 600 miles and can not beleive how AWESOME this car rides. Had to pick up famly members that have flown in from out of town. New York, Texas, Guatamala, Mexico, Arizona and Chicago. We had 18 people staying in my house. Over whelming.

Chaning Pads and rotors in wifes car

also passenger side axle

then more work on the manual R ;)

FMIC mock up time wooot :)

drove it 300 miles over to Michigan...blew some crap up on the 4th(pics coming). then drove it another 300 miles back to Milwaukee today. was able to get 28-29 mpg which isnt bad considering i was doing 75-80mph the entire way. then again i didnt have the a/c on.

thought it was funny that it took me 5 hours 45 minutes to get over there and only 4 hours 10 minutes to get back :lol:

also a funny little sound developed when i had the a/c on for a brief moment. ill post a video of the sound later.

Watched Bill do his PCV. What a job that is...

Changed out my brake booster vacuum line to a silicone one.

Replaced my glove box door. Opening that was like going back in time.

Replaced my garment hanger on my rear light. I need that for my suits and it broke years ago.

Busy weekend. I will track my boost leak down tomorrow.