scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

I need

Sent you a PM with link ;) .

Washed the wifes T5-R and installed the P2 style markers from IPD I had on the wagon. Still need to hit the trim up and bring it back to life.

downsized_0401001240.jpg

downsized_0401001245.jpg

Thanks again Justin for the OEM set for the wagon, I prefer OEM myself wife could care less AS LONG AS IT LOOKS GOOD :lol: .

Edited by Dave 54

beautiful weather so i had to wash the car. :)

it had developed quite the layer of dust from sitting in the parking garage for almost 2 weeks.

also got the tires on my meteors dismounted, going to start sanding them down this weekend.

beautiful weather so i had to wash the car. :)

it had developed quite the layer of dust from sitting in the parking garage for almost 2 weeks.

also got the tires on my meteors dismounted, going to start sanding them down this weekend.

Nice. If you want some help let me know. I'll be gone this weekend but I'll be around after that. Are you going to try and have them done by MM?

Tires came today, getting mounted tomorrow.

Nice. If you want some help let me know. I'll be gone this weekend but I'll be around after that. Are you going to try and have them done by MM?

Tires came today, getting mounted tomorrow.

thanks. definitely need some help once i start putting down a couple coats if your around then. hope to have it all done by Carlisle time.

also, did your tethys rims have any curbage? trying to figure out what the best way of repairing it would be.

Scraped the front bumper driving into a parking garage, b/c of the huge incline. Yay for being lowered <_<.

... ah well at least I don't have an R bumper.

thanks. definitely need some help once i start putting down a couple coats if your around then. hope to have it all done by Carlisle time.

also, did your tethys rims have any curbage? trying to figure out what the best way of repairing it would be.

yeah, they had some curbage, but I didn't feel like it was bad enough to bondo and everything. Plus with the filler primer and the several coats of paint it has, the curbing filled in pretty nicely.

Sanding and bondo. There's a thread in cosmetic and detailing how to fix curbing right now in the thread started by leroystew (something like that)

Edited by gilber33

pulled the motor and tranny out of the 04R

Replaced the rotors , calipers and pads on someone else car

Change out there VVT Controller also

yeah, they had some curbage, but I didn't feel like it was bad enough to bondo and everything. Plus with the filler primer and the several coats of paint it has, the curbing filled in pretty nicely.

Sanding and bondo. There's a thread in cosmetic and detailing how to fix curbing right now in the thread started by leroystew (something like that)

found it and the link in there. thanks :tup:

found it and the link in there. thanks :tup:

No problem.

Washed it, cleaned the windows with paint thinner since they were caked in over-spray. :lol: Loaded up the tires and wheels so I can leave right from work to get them mounted. And decided on my way out to my cabin I'm picking up my spare passenger seat from my hunk o' shit wagon to swap the T5-SE seat onto.

Who knows how to remove the tilt adjuster knob on a manual seat?

More like what am I doing.......got off work at 7 AM, did a few things and started this process around 12 noon:

Pressure Wash (as always, never use a brush or bring anything to contact with my paint when washing)

Clay Bar

Polish

Wax

Quick Detailer

I am using Mike's Porter Cable for the polish and wax, I need to get one soon. They are both Meguiar's products. I'm waiting for the sun to shift a bit but so far I've gotten the entire passenger side completely finished. Not too bad for a paint job that involved about 50% prep. I hate that place btw. :(

0_06-2.jpg

I imagine I will finish before dark and sleep until late tomorrow. :lol:

Before anyone asks the entire passenger side is cool to the touch, being shaded as it is.....hence why I did that side first. Soon I can start on the hood, bumper, driver's fender.

Edited by --Aaron--
  • Downvote 5

Pressure washing is just as bad, it beats the dirt into the paint. Regular garden hose with no nozzle is the best IMHO!!! Also you should really only wax in the shade.

All new motor mounts for the wifes car, well not the hydraulic one's.

Also nosed around at the rear brakes that are working about half. Found that the slide pins are in bad shape, big chunks missing and not allowing the pads to travel freely.

Edited by Dave 54
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I suppose it's better to scrub dirt into paint with an extremelysoftzomg mit? :lol: GTFO

Either way, my car, that's how I likes to do it. -14menjoooo

• Downvote 5

Torque mount, firewall mount, removed xc rails and put in rail-free strips.

tomorrow: oil change and (hopefully) front hydraulic mount + front pads.

• Upvote 2

I suppose it's better to scrub dirt into paint with an extremelysoftzomg mit? :lol: GTFO

Either way, my car, that's how I likes to do it. -14menjoooo

No I use micro fiber towels, and as I said IMHO!!!

Everyone has there own opinion and your entitled to yours.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3