Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

out of normal driving to school, i did a 1st-2nd-3rd gear burnout. it was nice. until i noticed my tires are now bald.

anyone have any old 315/35/17s they want to give away?

Sorry, I just have skinny 295/50s. ;)

Drove it hard in the unseasonably cool 50degree mountain air. I miss winter... :ph34r:

"Installed" my boost gauge. Vacuum reads 18 in/Hg at a stop and rises to about 22 when I'm coasting. Is that normal?

Yes it's fine.

Cleaned up the loose ends left by incompetent mechanics. Vacuum lines and intercooler piping left unconnected after they replaced my starter.

No pride in workmanship these days. At least the next time the starter goes out I know how to get to the blasted thing to do the job myself.

bought it insurance :)

I take it it did not get totalled ?

As for me: made an appointment with an upholstery shop to have the driver seat redone since it has a tear and asked them to slide the heating units under the leather while they have the seats out next week...

fixed a fog light, and in the process of pulling in the garage i scraped the garage trim a little polish and the only tell tail sign is some paint was cracked in the process of waxing it up now

tinted the windows

people will probably end up finding out... so mind as well spill the beans now and get the humiliation over with...

So i ended up getting a pretty banged up rear R bumper for almost next to nothing, and I was test fitting it to my car(ei holding up to the car to gauge what it'll look like). Someone I was blocking at the shop has to get out, and I completely forget the bumper was sitting behind my car... so I crunch over them like the monkeyin moron I am. The damage isn't too bad, and I was going to cut the flares out of the bumper and bondo/fiberglass over them so it just means im going to need to bondo and fiberglass over the cracks.

besides that, spark plugs, coils, added sound insulation in the doors, painted the valve cover/timing belt cover to a dull matte blue.

QUOTE (matt b @ Apr 29 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for me: made an appointment with an upholstery shop to have the driver seat redone since it has a tear and asked them to slide the heating units under the leather while they have the seats out next week...

nice.