Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

added moar coolant... it was mighty low.. pretty sure the heater cores gonna bust soon...

Tie rods and 18" peggs for the 850R

Installed new driver side Empi axle. What a easy job! Makes me bitter I payed the Mechanic to do it last time.

Car handles a lot better now. No more shutter and more confident in hard corners.

Now to tackle the PCV. And clean all those areas I couldn't reach before.

2 new tires + an alignment.

Wow... tires look weird as hell. this is the biggest ive had on these wheels.

215/45/17 on the backs.

SSPX1897.jpg

Installed new driver side Empi axle. What a easy job! Makes me bitter I payed the Mechanic to do it last time.

Car handles a lot better now. No more shutter and more confident in hard corners.

Now to tackle the PCV. And clean all those areas I couldn't reach before.

EMPI axle = bad news bears. I have one rebuilt OEM from Raxles that is older than one EMPI axle and the EMPI gave out. Inner joint is nearly gone to the point where it doesn't stay true/centered.

EMPI axle = bad news bears. I have one rebuilt OEM from Raxles that is older than one EMPI axle and the EMPI gave out. Inner joint is nearly gone to the point where it doesn't stay true/centered.

I've gone through 2 brand new sets of empi axles in the last 6 months. I have a set of oem ones waiting to go in now. Screw empi.

I put in an Autozone axel and it was dead in under a month.

Edited by fivex84

I've gone through 2 brand new sets of empi axles in the last 6 months. I have a set of oem ones waiting to go in now. Screw empi.

Sweet, glad I have two of them sitting in my living room right now. :rolleyes:

I put in an Autozone axel and it was dead in under a month.

I go through Autozone axles about one per week, for a month I replaced each axle every weekend. Now I'm just dealing with two bad axles until this winter when I put in what I thought was good empi axles. :lol: Oh well, fuck it.

Installed the Volans on the car. They haven't been on for a few years now.

I put new spark plugs in. no more miss-fires at 5500 in 3rd.

Also washed it for the first time in a while

Sweet, glad I have two of them sitting in my living room right now. :rolleyes:

I go through Autozone axles about one per week, for a month I replaced each axle every weekend. Now I'm just dealing with two bad axles until this winter when I put in what I thought was good empi axles. :lol: Oh well, fuck it.

I have Empis with @ 19k on em.. so far they're ok. Was going to have my original manual axles rebuilt, but one of the jackasses that worked for me scrapped them for beer or "pill" money before i could send them in. He no longer works for us...

Edited by scumcity14

With tremendous help from Tom we put in a new passenger side hub, my ipd springs with new spring seats, and my rear sway bar and fixed a headlight issue i was having. Then i almost crashed it driving home....yeah it handles a little different now :P

Big thanks to long tom for the help.