scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

You guys both have skid plates? The IPD one? I don't. :unsure: Something I should get? Obviously not an issue now, but in the future. :lol:

Yessir. About three or four days after the coil install last January, while I was still learning the new ride height, I whacked the subframe on the road going through an intersection. The next day I drove out to ipd and picked up a skidplate. :lol:

You guys both have skid plates? The IPD one? I don't. :unsure: Something I should get? Obviously not an issue now, but in the future. :lol:

Totally, dude. I was driving pretty slow when I busted my oil pan. Placed an order with IPD the next day.

• Upvote 1

Totally, dude. I was driving pretty slow when I busted my oil pan. Placed an order with IPD the next day.

I had no idea so many people were running them. Something I guess I should look into.

• Upvote 1

I had no idea so many people were running them. Something I guess I should look into.

If you want to make your own it wouldn't be hard... just have the ability to cut some thick steel/aluminum and when you're doing your suspension install at JJFab then you could trace the design of mine and make your own.

• Upvote 1

me too, the ipd hardware sucks...

There's a nice little dip for a rain gutter in front my appt. Its nice to know if I come in a little hot I'm just gonna hit the plate :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

What size pipe?

And... U pipe cut in half? was thinking of doing that when I put the fmic in but never got around to it :lol:

How you attaching the PTC? Also what couplers did you use? Do you have a stock air box? More pics.

Write-up will be done tonight. Look out for the thread. Was writing it now, but it all got erased. FUUUUUUUUU

Went to Pull-a-part. Got the email that 2 new 850s showed up this morning. Packed up my tools and rushed down there hoping one was a manual. No luck............ever. But to not walk away empty handed a got a clean turbo exhaust, 960 roof rack, and 960 throttle plate all for $40. Mocked the rack up with some rubber mounting pads I fabbed up. After I sand and repaint the rack black i will drill holes and install it with rubber gaskets to ensure no leaks. I will get a muffler shop to weld on the turbo exhaust directly behind the catalyst and delete the muffler. Only after I convert to the car to manual first thou. Automatic tranny and open exhaust is a no-no unless the car is a supercar or hypercar. Also, painted the intake manifold high temp silver 3 coats after cleaning it with a wire brush attachment on my high speed drill.

intakeclean.jpg

headlinerremoved.jpg

exhuast2-Copy.jpg

exhuast-Copy.jpg

roofrack.jpg

roofrack3.jpg

roofrack2.jpg

TBplate2.jpg

Regarding the roof racks. Why not just use the OEM load bars that go onto the roof? No drilling or anything.

• Upvote 2

Went to Pull-a-part. Got the email that 2 new 850s showed up this morning. Packed up my tools and rushed down there hoping one was a manual. No luck............ever. But to not walk away empty handed a got a clean turbo exhaust, 960 roof rack, and 960 throttle plate all for $40. Mocked the rack up with some rubber mounting pads I fabbed up. After I sand and repaint the rack black i will drill holes and install it with rubber gaskets to ensure no leaks. I will get a muffler shop to weld on the turbo exhaust directly behind the catalyst and delete the muffler. Only after I convert to the car to manual first thou. Automatic tranny and open exhaust is a no-no unless the car is a supercar or hypercar. Also, painted the intake manifold high temp silver 3 coats after cleaning it with a wire brush attachment on my high speed drill.

Now you should buy a camera that doesn't take sideways pics... ;)

And what's the beef with exhaust and automatic trans?

Regarding the roof racks. Why not just use the OEM load bars that go onto the roof? No drilling or anything.

These were only 20 bucks and I like the project.

Now you should buy a camera that doesn't take sideways pics... ;)

Darn Camera!!

And what's the beef with exhaust and automatic trans?

Just a preference. Sounds silly to me. Trust me, I will not install this exhaust until the manual trans is in my car and working haha.

I realized its not worth the $20 savings, to have to lay on cold concrete and stink like oil. So I went to my mechanic and had them change the oil. They gave me a deal and I got to talk shop with him and his son for a while.

Some may know him. His name is Dan Burton and he built a Blue 850 Pick-up. It was at Carlsen last year. Very cool car. Its amazing how much attention he pays to every little detail.

Davis11-850pickup.jpg

Edited by survolvo
  • Upvote 1

Throttle body hose / 20psi omg so mucch fun again

replaced fender / omg yay

tomorrow it gets a full detail, and a couple price quotes on the bumper.

Replacing fog ballast.

Perhaps a respray on the hood as well :)

And well see what else I have time for.

sexy time is close

Bled my brakes the old fashion way, flushed out ATE Super Blue Racing fluid for the amber Typ200.