What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

scout01

That's fair then. :tup: Looks good though. I had one on my bumper until I ripped it off twice and decided not to put it back on. :lol:

Thank you. Yeah I moved to this option for multiple reasons. Mainly the fix-it ticket I got last week for not having a front plate. The plate was not on because I ripped it off on the freeway and it was gone when I went back to look for it.

The previous owner of the 850 wagon I'm selling gave me a service record saying the timing belt was replaced. I looked it over today and it's from the PO's OTHER CAR. So today I replaced the timing belt, pulleys, water pump ,etc (I had the parts waiting to install for my 850 n/a). I was pissed, but the car gods must have had mercy because nothing went wrong and it only took me 2.5 hrs.

Drove it to check out a new car with a friend. He ended up buying a 2000 328i black on black 160k for $5000. Very nice car. Made me kinda jealous!

Drove it to check out a new car with a friend. He ended up buying a 2000 328i black on black 160k for $5000. Very nice car. Made me kinda jealous!

Don't be. It handles fantastic don't get me wrong, but only 2000 BMW I'd own is a 5 series. He'll be hating his N/A life after the lust goes away. They're roughly equivalent to our N/A engines as far as power and displacement.

Dear Dealership:

I would not ask you to look into an annoying wind noise issue which involves taking my car apart if it was not happening. Of course your tech could not reproduce it in pouring rain. Nevermind the fact that Volvo has already issued a service bulletin on THIS EXACT ISSUE and I provided a copy of such to your service writer.

Love,

Daniel

Seriously, part of the reason to get a new car is for the warranty coverage. Obviously they're being stingy about it, all he had to do was say he could reproduce the noise and it would not cost the dealership a dime. It's a well known issue. The warranty fix is literally to put a special part numbered piece of sticky foam inside the mirror. It's $14 for the foam, I'm tempted to just do it myself.