Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Catch can all done and drying for the night:

2012-04-26194126.jpg

2012-04-26194112.jpg

Decided to ditch the flat black hoping that I won't have to make anymore changes to it, so I made it all nice and pretty. :D

new fog hid kit...

apparently they sent me 1 bad ballast. and the ones I had before are fucking shot so no reusing...

Then put new wheels on the car.

Need to wash it, and throw some shine on them. :lol: pics after

Not to sure if I like them over the nistos but they look ok as spare wheels :lol:

oh also rolled fenders. :D

Not to my car, but I assisted Bill Caswell in cleaning out some old old Lotus he had been given by a guy in Colorado. Also enjoyed many good stories.

currently cleaning the inside, washing waxing and sealing the outside of the Volvo. the Audi is........ very VERY dirty. too much of a process for today for the audster

Me too! Big intercoolers are so much cooler than the tiny cc ones we both started with.

Me too! Big intercoolers are so much cooler than the tiny cc ones we both started with.

as nice as a big intercooler is, is ther esome sort of cooling efficiency threshold you cross when the area of the intercooler is greater than the open area of the bumper? just curious on your input. been thinking about upgrading to a larger FMIC as well, but mine fits the opening of the bumper well enough.

Changed brake fluid on the XC90. Still not happy with the pedal feel, will probably do it one more time tomorrow morning.

Spark plugs on the XC90. Turns out Volvo recommends fresh plugs every 15K miles.

Stretch the legs of the wagon. I got tired of driving the Mommy-mobile for the past few days and had to jump back in the wagon and find some nice back roads.

Yesterday finished the rest of the front suspension overhaul; front control arms, inner/outer tie rods, ball joints, strut mount/bearings, rear shock mounts, and TKi adjustable rear toe arms. Need an alignment bad as the toe in the rear is all sorts of messed up and the rear end is hopping all over the place when driving...not fun.

Did this on the way back to school:

04271202371-1.jpg

And got this piece of metal in the mail today (thanks Spanky!):

downsized_0427121827-1.jpg

Edited by bpray9223

Pulled the headlights AGAIN... to bake em and polish the cracks and corrosion out of the lenses.

Why can someone make Glass lenses for the 850 Halo's??? <_<

• Upvote 1

Cleaned the engine bay for hours. Got all the nasty crud out. Almost looks new.

Replaced old crusty wire looms with new ones, and started replacing vacuum lines with silicone.

All of this is so much easier with half the engine gone.

<_< put the rear nebs on.

Then blew apart another throttle body hose... yay.

The only hose I have that is not silicone.

If anyone has a silicone throttle body hose, hit me up.

Took a fun drive after work today and found some twisties.

Most of today's wrenching was spent replacing goobernoodle's flame-trap crap, but at least I was able to knock the dust off my pressure washer and clean up my engine. Learned some stuff to make the same procedure easier when it's my turn on my cars.

Dropped my spare throttle body hose on :(

blew it off 3 times on the way to drop wife off, and back home :lol: finally realized the pipe had some oil on it, cleaned it off, and no more pop.