Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Finally hit 220,000 :) officially put 22k miles on it since ive owned it, so almost 18 months. 1.22k miles a month.

not bad considering over 80k were put on the 850 in less then a yr...

Did this Thursday, the day before leaving for Carlisle.

What carbon air-box is that, can't make out the label

Its a Simota CAI box. VIVA is selling them.

What carbon air-box is that, can't make out the label

Full detail on the XC90. Made the best of a cool, overcast day to get it done. Washed yesterday to get the mud off. Washed again today, compound, then 2 coats of wax. Treated all trim with black again, door jams, cleaned and lubed the hinges, etc....

Found a tiny spec of rust on the passenger door. :glare: Looks like a rock chip was left unattended for too long.

Got these wheels when I was down in Orlando for the Cinco De Mayo meet. They were slightly bent, but got them fixed. Sorry for crappy phone pics.

IMAG0510.jpg?t=1337813623

IMAG0509.jpg?t=1337813625

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Woot I was wondering if you picked those up from Jesus or not!

Nice.

Was going to polish it, but my polisher blows. So, skipped that and just gave it a wax

2012-05-24191213.jpg

As well as painted some things in the bay along with a new expansion tank. All black intercooler pipes. New breather filters painted black on the ends. Expansion tank cap painted black with trim paint. And my spare spark plug cover painted chalkboard paint.

2012-05-24191540.jpg

Was going to polish it, but my polisher blows. So, skipped that and just gave it a wax

As well as painted some things in the bay along with a new expansion tank. All black intercooler pipes. New breather filters painted black on the ends. Expansion tank cap painted black with trim paint. And my spare spark plug cover painted chalkboard paint.

Needs tire shine. I love new expansion tanks. They clean up the engine bay nicely. I hope it's OEM though.

I think I need to do the PCV again on my car.... 20k miles later :/

I've been thinking about replacing mine too. Only b/c I'm anal. 65k miles since I replaced it last.

Removed hood stickers and installed front lip. Also, retired my "LOLVO" plate.

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_8359.jpg

• Upvote 3

Needs tire shine. I love new expansion tanks. They clean up the engine bay nicely. I hope it's OEM though.

Yup, replaced the aftermarket one. I never realized how yellow the aftermarket one is. I thought that one was clear compared to the old as OEM one that was in there before.

It may get tire shine, they don't look that "not black" in person.

I am just not happy with the oil that I am going "through" while my 35 mile drive to work and back with little turbo use. Vac is good but I see some oil around the fresh air tube to the turbo and now some at the oil filler cap.

I am guessing OEM vs URO?

I am guessing OEM vs URO?

OEM vs URO what? Oil? :lol::unsure:

Fresh intake tube? Oil cap gasket? I replace the oil cap gasket every other oil change at least. Where are you seeing oil on the fresh air tube?

Much needed yesterday. I got hot washing some of the cars I listed.

Drove it yesterday, had a few phone calls about it and then parked it. May not get to drive it much over the next few weeks, so I washed it first.

Yea, it's fucking hot down here. Plus I have the BBQ package on my car, black/black.

You talking about your 850?

OEM vs URO what? Oil? :lol::unsure:

Fresh intake tube? Oil cap gasket? I replace the oil cap gasket every other oil change at least. Where are you seeing oil on the fresh air tube?

OEM vs URO for the PCV Breather Kit

I will get an oil cap also. I see the oil on the fresh air tube near the turbo and PTC.