Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Wow Paul, how did that happen?

I just pulled the engine and was putting the wheels back on with no axles attached to roll it back out and scrub out the engine bay.

I put one wheel on and was spinning it quite fast to check the wheel bearing for noise.

I was spinning the wheel by its spokes instead of the tire and in hindsight was not the best idea.

My Porsche brakes are about 3mm from the back of my spokes and as I was spinning it (pretty fast I would add) my hand hit the caliper and in a split sec the trailing wheel spoke came around and crushed my hand between the spinning wheel and the caliper. Before I even realized what had happened I looked and the flap of my finger was bent back, I was bleeding down my hand and I was seeing spots it was so much pain.

• Upvote 1

Can someone do a sanity check for me on my turbo replacement (just the cold side)

6 copper washers (1 oil line 2 coolant lines)

17mm ratcheting wrench

Volvo coolant

Oil Return Line Gaskets (1 at the turbo, 1 at the block)

Anything else I am missing? I read about a 19mm bolt somewhere and wobbly socket for the 6mm hex for the oil return line?

Thanks

5mm for return line. A regular hex key worked fine for me. 10 mm for center clamp. New vacuum lines if you think they're needed. I left the return line on the turbo because its a pain to get to. Make sure you clock it right or tue return line will leak. New inlet coolant hose while you are in there.

When the car is running and not sucking down my battery I'll have better day-light pics.

Adapters are about $300. And the wheels and tires, whatever you can find.

Motorsport Tech? Shipping on those to Canada might be pretty pricey :lol:

Thanks for the quick reply and the info...been watching your 850 on here, nice work :tup:

5mm for return line. A regular hex key worked fine for me. 10 mm for center clamp. New vacuum lines if you think they're needed. I left the return line on the turbo because its a pain to get to. Make sure you clock it right or tue return line will leak. New inlet coolant hose while you are in there.

Thanks

ANyone else?

I just pulled the engine and was putting the wheels back on with no axles attached to roll it back out and scrub out the engine bay.

I put one wheel on and was spinning it quite fast to check the wheel bearing for noise.

I was spinning the wheel by its spokes instead of the tire and in hindsight was not the best idea.

My Porsche brakes are about 3mm from the back of my spokes and as I was spinning it (pretty fast I would add) my hand hit the caliper and in a split sec the trailing wheel spoke came around and crushed my hand between the spinning wheel and the caliper. Before I even realized what had happened I looked and the flap of my finger was bent back, I was bleeding down my hand and I was seeing spots it was so much pain.

Wow, you're lucky you didn't lose more of it Paul.

New wheels and tires. :)

...time to go LOW

Fixed, and you should bag it. :)

Finally got around to installing the IPD poly subframe bushing I've had rolling around in my trunk for months, and WOW! What a difference it makes! Feels like I went back to 2002 and picked up a brand new C70...

Anybody else have these?

If you mean the poly subframe bushing inserts, they are on the ups truck...

Folded the passenger side mirror in a position it never seen before.

It's a bad year for mirrors, one spare left.

I managed the same thing on the Saff C70, PO managed to crack the hinge and broke when getting it out.

Replaced PCV in the V70R, still have brake pads to install and R manifold (Tasca order arrives Monday).

I managed the same thing on the Saff C70, PO managed to crack the hinge and broke when getting it out.

Replaced PCV in the V70R, still have brake pads to install and R manifold (Tasca order arrives Monday).

I do pads/rotors on the R on Wednesday.