Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Japanafold.

Always loved that sound better then the "R" manifold. I was just a little sad at the sound at idle when I upgraded.. :( But not when I floored it! :lol:

Always loved that sound better then the "R" manifold. I was just a little sad at the sound at idle when I upgraded.. :( But not when I floored it! :lol:

Is that where that burbling sound is coming from? I've never heard it on any other 850s or x70s, at least as pronounced as this one is.

Is that where that burbling sound is coming from? I've never heard it on any other 850s or x70s, at least as pronounced as this one is.

It's the #1 runner that goes up and over into #4 in the Japanmani, vs. on the R going into #1, 2 and 3. And you really hear it only at idle. Not sure what the big differences are between the 850 and Japan.

My burbling wasn't as pronounced as yours but that could be due to my dual exhaust vs your exhaust.

Dropped off the XC90 to have the angle gear resealed. Not a good feeling when the shop tells you it can't be done.... Really ? Just did the wagon at another shop 3 weeks ago. :unsure:

Might be time to start taking the cars somewhere else for the work I can't /don't have time to do.

Where are you taking it?

Where are you taking it?

I know you're going to say Motorthorpe. I like them, but between the uber cramped, high incline lot, the messy shop and the fact that it's across town for me, they're not as attractive as the current place (Motorsport). It's all good, I love to give them shit and they know it's light hearted.

Figure I would add one:found all my boost leaks that have been haunting me for a year or so.

• replaced all the vacuum hoses
  • replaced the brake booster vacuum hose
  • installed the variable intermittient wiper relay
  • installed an 18T
  • installed and removed the IPD HD CBV
  • installed the IPD drop in Intercooler
  • replaced my clutch and throwout bearing
  • replaced the transmission oil with Royal Purple Synchromech
  • replaced all the subframe bushings, transission mount and motor mounts
  • replaced the distributor,rotor and sparkplugs
  • replaced the PCV system
  • replaced an oil cap gasket

and filled it with fuel.

I know you're going to say Motorthorpe. I like them, but between the uber cramped, high incline lot, the messy shop and the fact that it's across town for me, they're not as attractive as the current place (Motorsport). It's all good, I love to give them stuff and they know it's light hearted.

I give them crap all the time too haha don't worry. I've heard nothing but good things about Motorsport.

I've gotta find a place down here. DW is less than an hour away for me.

541219_10151176159264814_1826072896_n.jp

oooo so purdyyyy

- New OEM battery

- New blue box front o2 I've had laying around for years and just remembered I had

- Mobil 1 Oil change

New blue box throttle cable comes tomorrow.

At this rate, I'll have replaced just about everything that could break on the damn thing and can finally move to mods. Stage 0+++ like a fucking boss!

Gonna lower it now? :P

• Upvote 1

Gonna lower it now? :P

Gonna lift it bruh! Nothin drops the panties like a lifted wagon with nerf bars! Now I won't have to jack the car up to change the oil either.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So what you know about the car now. I doubt going to mb brand will save you any headache in maintenance.

Well, the interior is not holding up well as there were tons of squeaks, rattles, and shimmys all over it, and it has never been off-road or abused. The paint on the roof rails is already peeling, and the kicker ... The 2010 models and the 2012 models all ineveitably will begin leaking water into the cabin. Two weeks ago I was in Austin and it rained for two days. I left to run to the store and suddenly heard this knocking sound. I had GALLONS of water under the carpet/interior and in the cabin sloshing around (most of the important electronics and modules are down there.) Apparently there is a design flaw with these years where the panaromic suroof drains fail, and water comes into the cabin. I had to pull all the carpet out, and dry it for a day.

http://current-class-action-lawsuits.com/volvo-water-leak-lawsuit/

This is after 36 months of ownership, you would think this type of car would last longer without major probelms.

I took off the a pillars and tired to see what I could do, but the tubes run into the dash, and I was not about to remove that. I researched this and found out the both VCNA and dealers are saying "sorry, not our problem" and since the cars was out of warranty we traded it in, got half the equity we paid for it into a Merc that is built much better.

I don't care about maintenance, as we negotiated 5 year/50,000 miles of free maintenance since we paid cash for the GLK 350. It also comes with a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty, so once it reaches that we will again trade in and up for something else.

:) Don't get me wrong I love Volvo, but the most solid one I had ever (and still) owned is the 850.

Gonna lift it bruh! Nothin drops the panties like a lifted wagon with nerf bars! Now I won't have to jack the car up to change the oil either.

Whoever thought I was serious and negged that needs to cut their wrists...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1