Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

Added my newly purchased fog lights today, courtesy of Alex (yangotang)! :D

photo1-4.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

Looking good, Victoria. Now just need some downtime for your car, to add the M (manual swap) to your grill. :D

Added my newly purchased fog lights today, courtesy of Alex (yangotang)! :D

How much did those fog grills cost? Thinking about getting a set of fogs for my brother's S70.

How much did those fog grills cost? Thinking about getting a set of fogs for my brother's S70.

I'm not really sure because Alex just included them in the whole package deal that we set up, but if I recall I think you can get them for only like $10 each or something like that...not a lot that's for sure.

Looking good, Victoria. Now just need some downtime for your car, to add the M (manual swap) to your grill. :D

Thanks Steve :D Hahahah yeah eventually!

http://i.imgur.com/RNzkB.jpg <--------------

.. only becuase its a stupid poking huge picture.. im getting better lights soon.. just wnated something up there for now :)

they're hooked up to a solar panel in the frontwindshield

Edited by Get Some
  • Upvote 1

I like it :tup:

Forgot to say this the other say, but SNABB SS shifter bushings and SNABB Delrin shifter base bushings. All I can say is that shifting improved greatly and I can't wait to get the short shift kit on

011220122086_28Custom29.jpg

Repaired and repainted the lip for the fourth time. Should be OK now.

Emiel are you masking off the bottom portion? I'm going to have my bumper re-sprayed and would like a more durable coating on the bottom piece of the lip it just gets too thrashed and I haven't even done springs yet :blink:

Finally installed the dash I bought at the JY a couple weeks ago. The dash was almost perfect. None of the vinyl was peeling, and more importantly, all mounting tabs were fully intact, and there were no cracks on the trim piece that touches the windshield. Just a tiny scratches in the plastic dash trim behind the steering wheel, but they aren't really noticeable.

Spent all weekend reinforcing all the mounting tabs with JBweld. Applied new felt material to the mounting tabs. Then I applied 2 layers of this sticky backed foam to the mounting spots on the firewall, and added a thing layer of felt on the bottom. Got everything buttoned up and I couldn't be happier. I think I have the quietest 850 on the east coast. There is not a squeak rattle, or anything over bumps. I'm so impressed by the result that I might do the same thing to my yellow.

I did have to swap the wiring harness from my dash to the new dash. That was annoying. The new dash is from a 96 850, and didn't have a plug for the tracs switch. Mine is a 97 850 w/ tracs. I'm sure tracs still would have worked, but I like all of my switches.

It's really amazing how a car feels totally different when it's silent over bumps versus squeaking and rattling over every divot in the road. It makes the car feel 10x nicer, and I actually enjoy driving it, despite the fact that it's n/a. Total cost was minimal. $30 for the dash. The rest of the materials were free since I already had everything lying around.

Oh. Also, I learned that it is NOT POSSIBLE to swap the dash trim on an 850. The upper piece that holds the gauge cluster comes out. But it is not possible to remove the lower dash trim. I tried, and I realized that the lower dash trim is permanently connected to the inner-plastic skeleton of the dash assembly. They are not held together with screws or glue, but the plastic actually is bonded together.

dash3.jpg

dash1-1.jpg

dash2-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Emiel are you masking off the bottom portion? I'm going to have my bumper re-sprayed and would like a more durable coating on the bottom piece of the lip it just gets too thrashed and I haven't even done springs yet :blink:

Travis, I first painted the upper part, red and clear. Then masked the red and spraypainted the lip with some Motip bumper black. Without a clear coat. Makes it easier to do little resprays on the lip when i hit a tree, hipsters or old people.

• Upvote 1

I repaired my mounts like that too when I had the dash out and over the first bump I could hear all of them break again and it's back to being squeaky.

I repaired my mounts like that too when I had the dash out and over the first bump I could hear all of them break again and it's back to being squeaky.

lol :(

nice work Adam... ETA for the yellow engine? :)

Travis, I first painted the upper part, red and clear. Then masked the red and spraypainted the lip with some Motip bumper black. Without a clear coat. Makes it easier to do little resprays on the lip when i hit a tree, hipsters or old people.

Pesky old people, always in the way.

I cleared a misfire code for cylinder 4. Stoked, gotta love CEL's on a 35K mile car with new spark plugs.

Don't forget children and annoying neighbors dogs

• Upvote 1

Finally installed the dash I bought at the JY a couple weeks ago. The dash was almost perfect. None of the vinyl was peeling, and more importantly, all mounting tabs were fully intact, and there were no cracks on the trim piece that touches the windshield. Just a tiny scratches in the plastic dash trim behind the steering wheel, but they aren't really noticeable.

Spent all weekend reinforcing all the mounting tabs with JBweld. Applied new felt material to the mounting tabs. Then I applied 2 layers of this sticky backed foam to the mounting spots on the firewall, and added a thing layer of felt on the bottom. Got everything buttoned up and I couldn't be happier. I think I have the quietest 850 on the east coast. There is not a squeak rattle, or anything over bumps. I'm so impressed by the result that I might do the same thing to my yellow.

I did have to swap the wiring harness from my dash to the new dash. That was annoying. The new dash is from a 96 850, and didn't have a plug for the tracs switch. Mine is a 97 850 w/ tracs. I'm sure tracs still would have worked, but I like all of my switches.

It's really amazing how a car feels totally different when it's silent over bumps versus squeaking and rattling over every divot in the road. It makes the car feel 10x nicer, and I actually enjoy driving it, despite the fact that it's n/a. Total cost was minimal. $30 for the dash. The rest of the materials were free since I already had everything lying around.

Oh. Also, I learned that it is NOT POSSIBLE to swap the dash trim on an 850. The upper piece that holds the gauge cluster comes out. But it is not possible to remove the lower dash trim. I tried, and I realized that the lower dash trim is permanently connected to the inner-plastic skeleton of the dash assembly. They are not held together with screws or glue, but the plastic actually is bonded together.

Feel like getting together and making my wagon quiet with me, for beer money? :D