Sign in to follow this  
scout01

What Did You Do To Your Car Today.

:lol: Washed them both for the first time in a little over a month. >.< so dirty I need to do it again tomorrow with dishsoap and then clay and wax.

4-5 hours if 3 of them are taken up by eatting dinner. :)

Timing belt is a just a couple of hours if it is your first time and you are careful to make sure everything is correct.

The biggest issue you will have doing it yourself is compressing the tensioner. Best to use a vice, and you have to find one big enough to fit.

4-5 hours if 3 of them are taken up by eatting dinner. :)

Timing belt is a just a couple of hours if it is your first time and you are careful to make sure everything is correct.

The biggest issue you will have doing it yourself is compressing the tensioner. Best to use a vice, and you have to find one big enough to fit.

It's no joy pulling the pin on that stupid tensioner once it's installed, either. The cam-locking tool ipd sells comes with a pin, VERY handy.

I had mine done today, t-belt, tensioner, waterpump, idler, etc. The whole shebang, took the guy I brought it to about 6 hours including an hour or so to do the microswitch in the shifter. He's a Volvo tech so I'm sure he's learned to work at a methodic pace to make sure he gets all the hours for the job. I wouldn't want to do it and for $200 it was done while I enjoyed my day off.

:lol: Washed them both for the first time in a little over a month. >.< so dirty I need to do it again tomorrow with dishsoap and then clay and wax.

did you vacuum them?

• Upvote 1

It's no joy pulling the pin on that stupid tensioner once it's installed, either. The cam-locking tool ipd sells comes with a pin, VERY handy.

My cam-locking tool didn't come with a pin...

Like John, I replaced everything in there, that's why it was 6 hours.

My cam-locking tool didn't come with a pin...

Like John, I replaced everything in there, that's why it was 6 hours.

I bought a tool from RSPI on VolvoForum. Little block of metal that you grab with a crescent wrench for the hole and a little pin to put in. I have used it tons of times and works great. Its cheap and simple. Could make one yourself even.

Took a Picture then Cut The Shifter :P

_DSC0038_zps4db266a2.jpg

_DSC0052_zpsc0c40af6.jpg

_DSC0053_zps6a96dfc4.jpg

• Upvote 1

:lol: its a dash kit not wood.

but it does look better then the black plastic.

:lol: its a dash kit not wood.

but it does look better then the black plastic.

Yes and NO

I love that wood trim :wub:

Eww Its getting ditched asap

Back on topic i readjusted the parking brakes so they work now !!!!!!

:lol::wub:

anyways to stay on topic.

Wife wanted "V-O-L-V-O" back on her trunk lid. sooo I put on one of the 20 letter sets on her trunk. :(

I had mine done today, t-belt, tensioner, waterpump, idler, etc. The whole shebang, took the guy I brought it to about 6 hours including an hour or so to do the microswitch in the shifter. He's a Volvo tech so I'm sure he's learned to work at a methodic pace to make sure he gets all the hours for the job. I wouldn't want to do it and for $200 it was done while I enjoyed my day off.

for $200, I might entertain it, too.

Don't know anyone 'round me I'd trust for that, though.

:lol::wub:

anyways to stay on topic.

Wife wanted "V-O-L-V-O" back on her trunk lid. sooo I put on one of the 20 letter sets on her trunk. :(

Eww C70 debadged is much nicer! Hopefully you applied them with weak glue ;)